penpal in Adelaide??

Guest Michael J Ward

Guest Michael J Ward

Hi, This is my 1st blog as i have enjoyed reading so many i thought i'd join u all! We're in the process of waiting for our visas at the moment and its seems to be taking forever. We're hoping to be going over to Oz in the next 12-18 months. We started the process in March 2008 and we are now up to the stage of awaiting for our medicals and police checks. I'm getting very impatient!! We have our hearts set on Adelaide and cannot wait to get over there. We are Karen (36) Michael (39) and Ellie (8) and was wondering if there are any families over there in Adelaide who have a son or daughter who would like to be my daughters penpal. I think it would be nice for my daughter to get another childs perspective of what life is like over there and then maybe to meet when we finally get over there.

many thanks

Karen

Guest tigers08

hi there guys, we are flying out to adelaide sept 27th, migrating, we got our visas last month so we very excited. you might hear yourselfs pretty quick once your meds are finalised, my son charlie is 9 in two weeks and a similar age to your daughter, our daughter summer is 7. and i see you guys are the same age as us lol. i have a few cousins over there and there kids are all our kids ages too. what do you both do work wise. be good to keep in touch before and when you get to adelaide. you will love adelaide. fantastic place to bring kids up x

Guest Admar72

Hi Karen, Welcome to PIO,

We're also in the process of moving to Adelaide and hoping to be there within 10 - 12 months. We're both 37 and our kids are 20 and 17 so quite a bit older than Ellie but it's always nice to meet other guys also planning on the same location. Good luck anyway and keep us updated with your progress, it's all exciting stuff eh.

Maria x

Hi Karen & Maria, welcome to pio, We are a family of 5 hopefully heading out to Adelaide within the next 6-10 months,

We have Ellie who is 11, Kyle who is 8 and Aimee who is 5, Hubby is a plumber, just awaiting visa's to be granted!!!

Always good to keep in touch now and when we are there, all the best x

Guest Michael J Ward

it's nice to hear from so many people who are in the same position as ourselves! all this time i felt like we were doing this on our own, but reading your replies just makes it so much better like we're doing it all together :-) I really cannot wait to get over there - i'm growing more impatient as the months go by! i'm hoping to hear something from our agents next month so i will keep you all posted. have any of you thought about which area in Adelaide you like to stay in and why? We've been looking at Happy Valley.

Guest tigers08
it's nice to hear from so many people who are in the same position as ourselves! all this time i felt like we were doing this on our own, but reading your replies just makes it so much better like we're doing it all together :-) I really cannot wait to get over there - i'm growing more impatient as the months go by! i'm hoping to hear something from our agents next month so i will keep you all posted. have any of you thought about which area in Adelaide you like to stay in and why? We've been looking at Happy Valley.

hiya there, yer keep in touch, we was there 6 year ago for a hol, and happy valley nice, best just getting a car when get there and have a good look around, yer there is quite a few of us on here all heading towards adelaide in the next few weks and months, we are all planning a meet up when we get there so it will be good for us all, x phil, debbie charlie n summer

Great minds!! We too have been looking at happy valley, How strange almost spooky!

• 1 month later...

Hi I know that my daughter would love a pen pal, but we are still in the UK at the mo. She is also 8. We are due to come out to Adelaide on 27 Sept 09 too. Seems like there is going to be a load of us moving out in Sept this year. Cant wait for a meet up once we all get there. We are Corinne (37), Mark (36) Millie (8) Harvey (6.5) Joseph (3.5) and Max (6 mths). Good luck with the move xx

Guest tigers08
Hi I know that my daughter would love a pen pal, but we are still in the UK at the mo. She is also 8. We are due to come out to Adelaide on 27 Sept 09 too. Seems like there is going to be a load of us moving out in Sept this year. Cant wait for a meet up once we all get there. We are Corinne (37), Mark (36) Millie (8) Harvey (6.5) Joseph (3.5) and Max (6 mths). Good luck with the move xx

hiya corinne, you fly same day as we do , do you fly from heathrow by any chance at 620 pm cathey pacific ..

Hi ya, hoping to just trying to juggle the price of the flight!!! lol cant book it yet though as had a baby at beginning of Jan and am awaiting his visa to come through, lodged it at australia house 8 working days ago (they said we would have a CO appointed within 10 days!!) cant believe how many of us guys are going out on 26/27/28/29 Sept, at least we will have a good group of us to help each other out. will keep you posted once flights are booked. Are you guys all excited ?? We cant wait wishing the summer away lol xx

Guest tigers08
Hi ya, hoping to just trying to juggle the price of the flight!!! lol cant book it yet though as had a baby at beginning of Jan and am awaiting his visa to come through, lodged it at australia house 8 working days ago (they said we would have a CO appointed within 10 days!!) cant believe how many of us guys are going out on 26/27/28/29 Sept, at least we will have a good group of us to help each other out. will keep you posted once flights are booked. Are you guys all excited ?? We cant wait wishing the summer away lol xx

yer cant wait , congratualtions on the baby. so you have all got your visas then, just the babys your waiting for, yes we will all have to meet up when we get there, its going to be one long summer for us all isnt it lol, september in the mid 20 s there too, so nice couple of months for us all before it gets hotter. yes let us know ur arrangements, hope you hear some good news soon , x phil deb charlie summer

Thanks mate, will defo keep you posted on flights etc. keep counting down the weeks only 8.5 left in the UK, Adelaide here we come!!!!!!! yahhhhhhhoooooooo!!!!! Yep we all have our PR visas, validated etc etc just baby Max's hopefully it will come through quickly, although we have been told by woman at Australia House when we lodged it that it will take 3/4 months!!!!!! bloody riduculous if you ask me as its just a new addition to the family!!! more pen pushing!!! hope they wont want a police report LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived