Camping/Tent advice please

Elliott-Family

Hiya

We camp fairly regular in the UK are are looking forward to doing the same in Melbourne (when we get there)

Our dilema is whether or not to take our tent, we are concerned with

1- will it get through customs? we try to keep it clean but it does get small bugs and dirt on the bottom

2- Whether or not it would be suitable for oz weather, its lightweight nylon and we are not sure if it will be ok in the heat?

Will be better off selling it here and buying an ozzy style one when we get there?

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Claire x

sunncamp-family-vario-600-plus-tent1579.jpg

Guest jewels1356

have you looked at price of tents hear if not have a look on ebay that will give you an idea

julie

Flog the tent in England and buy one here. Why transport a piece of canvass 12,000 miles? There is a fantastic selection of camping gear here.

If it REALLY pi***es down with rain then it is miserable wherever you are in the world. At least here, it is reletively cheap to get a motel!!!

We have had worse rain camping here than we did in the UK, so make sure your tent is water proof! We sold our tent before we came over for the exact reasons you said. You can pick up tents here for a comparable price, and places like K-Mart sell them fairly cheap ($200 - 100 gbp).

I would say that what it comes down to is can you be bothered to clean it before you move over here??

Guest Hearne_Family

I know Sams Wearhouse in Fountain Gate were selling 3 room 7 or 9 man tents for $60, I know its not going to be a great tent but surely would be a good place to start if you want a cheap replacement?

Archived