Which 2 Years?

Guest cassenova06

Guest cassenova06

As you know for 176 visa you have to sign the commitment letter and show the willingness to live in ACT for two years.

My confusion is in the time of five years, can we live in ACT in ANY two years or we have to live FIRST two years in ACT?

Guest juliemtaylor

I believe it's the first two years when you land in Aus to start your new life.

Julie x

Guest Sunshine09

I was told that it is 2 out of the first 3 years.......but this might not be corect so prob best to check on the immi.gov website, unless anyone else can clarify?:spinny:

I wonder how they enforce it. The ACT is certainly a nice place to visit, I nearly ended up working there in 1974. One of the things that I left UK for was to get away from the weather, I'd been in NZ a few years then came to Oz, was heading to WA by coach and stayed in ACT for a week. I thought it was great, plenty of well paid jobs and cheap accommodation at the time. In the motel one morning I put the wireless on and the DJ said "the temperature is now zero", I kept moving to Perth then way up north, loved it.

Guest the terry's

Hi guys,

We too have a 176 for Victoria and yes it is the first two years of you taking up residency. They do expect you to fill out questionaires whilst in the state/territory you sponsored, which is why the want to know your new address as soon as possible so they know where to send it. How exactly the enforce you actually living in the state/territory I'm not sure and having looked into changing states for us, it's not as easy as it looks, plus I wouldn't want to run the risk of my visa being withdrawn because I didn't conform to that 'declaration', although having spoken to agent about this I was informed that legally they could make you stay there, so the decision would be yours. Also if you decided that the state/territory you got sponsorship from was not what you had expected and you wanted to move to another state/territory you would have to prove them that you done all you can to say find a job, with evidence to prove it, and/or you have been offered a job somewhere other than their state or territory.

Hope this helps,

Helenx

Archived