What happens after state sponsored approval ?

jackal

Hi , I was granted WA state sponsorship on the 6th of May , on the 7th i signed form 1100 and yesterday i phoned WA to confirm they sent the form too.

What happens next ? my status page hasnt changed since September !!

Cheers

Jackal

Guest mcleod275

Hi Jackal

We sent our form back to WA on 25th April. On 14th May we got an email from our Case Officer asking us to complete our PCC and meds, so took about 2 and a half weeks. The only thing that has changed on our status page is an entry for "Application being Processed Further" on 14th May. So following our timeline I reckon you might get a CO sometime next week.

Hope this helps

Claire xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jackal

Please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au You will get an auto reply within about an hour. It says that once the ASPC have everything they need in order to convert your application from a 175 to a 176 they will make the switch and will allocate your file to a Case Officer within 10 working days.

The COs are flat out at the moment, particularly with loads of Year End returns needing to be completed by no later than about mid June. The Year End always slows the civil service down for about 6 weeks because everybody in the building gets dragged into it one way or another, however unwillingly. A total waste of time but it is compulsory to put up with it for an unfortunate bod called a CO.

Has your agent sent the stuff he needs to send the ASPC?

Your meds and police were done and cleared some time ago, I believe. If your agent has done everything else perfectly - which he should have done - your file should be "decision ready" by the time the CO first picks it up. That said, it is CRUCIAL that the ASPC are made ABUNDANTLY aware of your arrival in Oz because I believe you will be heading for Oz later this week? The 176 visa cannot be granted until you have left Oz so you must make it your own business to contact the ASPC to make it clear to them that you are in Oz and that therefore they will need to issue a pre grant letter asking you to leave Oz once everything else is complete and ready.

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Have a good flight if I don't catch you before you leave. Love to Julia.

Cheers

Gill

xx

Archived