Prawn Cocktail Crisps

kdyer12

:mad:Does anyone know where we can get Prawn Cocktail crisps in the Melbourne area?:arghh:

My wife has threatened to end it all without them!!

She is disapointed everytime we go into Coles or Safeway because the Smiths crisps in the distict pink pack which signifies Prawn Cocktail in the UK are salt and vinegar.

To have a box of 48 sent over will cost £90.00 and they are megga bucks in the Grit shop in Melbourne.

Apart from that one craving she is doing great and has even given up eating Cadbury's chocolate and taken to eating noodles.

Guest Ruby Okim

Hi there,

Hmm, there is a distinct lack of prawn cocktail flavoured crisps in the shops! My friend went to the British shop on Collins Street in the city. Their website says they do Skips for $1.80 a packet. A tad on the expensive side but better than nothing!

Guest proud2beaussie

I believe (Don't know how true it is) that Prawn Cocktail crisps can't be imported to Australia because they contain a banned ingredient.

Guest The Pom Queen
I believe (Don't know how true it is) that Prawn Cocktail crisps can't be imported to Australia because they contain a banned ingredient.

Hi Nigel

You are correct, from what I know is that Prawn Cocktail Crisps contain disodium 5'-ribonucleotide or an easier name for it is E635, and this has been banned in Australia because it causes skin rashes. I never once had a rash due to eating Prawn Cocktail Crisps:cry:

Guest proud2beaussie
Hi Nigel

You are correct, from what I know is that Prawn Cocktail Crisps contain disodium 5'-ribonucleotide or an easier name for it is E635, and this has been banned in Australia because it causes skin rashes. I never once had a rash due to eating Prawn Cocktail Crisps:cry:

Well the customs people wouldn't be too happy to find out that you can buy 6 packs for $10.00 on ebay.(Free post anywhere in the world from Norwich)

Guest The Pom Queen
Well the customs people wouldn't be too happy to find out that you can buy 6 packs for $10.00 on ebay.(Free post anywhere in the world from Norwich)

Umm that's if they let them through:wink:

• 2 months later...
Guest mandisfam

Hi, Yes, I read too that they were banned due to a ingredient never knew what that was though. There were the only food item I ever missed, and it was the first food item I brought I return to the UK....lol

:mad:Does anyone know where we can get Prawn Cocktail crisps in the Melbourne area?:arghh:

My wife has threatened to end it all without them!!

She is disapointed everytime we go into Coles or Safeway because the Smiths crisps in the distict pink pack which signifies Prawn Cocktail in the UK are salt and vinegar.

To have a box of 48 sent over will cost £90.00 and they are megga bucks in the Grit shop in Melbourne.

Apart from that one craving she is doing great and has even given up eating Cadbury's chocolate and taken to eating noodles.

Don't worry cheese and onion (was in a green packet now in a blue packet) they have swapped with salt and vinegar wonder how many people have bought the wrong type???

Guest The Pom Queen
I took 30 packets through customs in hold luggage this year and they didn't bat an eyelid!!

You didn't bring me any:cry:

Archived