Is the process that tedious?

miguelrg

I decided to do my skilled assessment in august as a hairdresser, i'm 22.

After i get my tra assessment is the migration process really that tedious for skilled migration visa?

will i need an agent or could i do it myself and save a lot of money?

what are the general prices?

Thanks

Hi Miguelrg,

i'm applying for a sub class 176 skilled migration visa as a mechanical engineer. we decided to employ a case worker as they proof read all your documents and tell you how things have to be written. i needed employer references, but they had to be written in a specific way and cover points listed in the mechanical engineering ASCO code document. without the case worker i don't think i would feel confident in getting a positive SA.

i don't doubt that people have successfully done their application on their own, but for me, i didn't want to take the chance.

i am with Visa Bureau who are based in London and have found them very helpful (thanks to Marek!)

their fees are around £2000, not including the EA, Ielts, and DIAC fees which have to be allowed for. for me, it is well worth it.

as for it being tedious, it probably is, but if getting to Oz is really important to you and you can dedicate some time towards it, then i think it's well worth it!

we only started our application in Feb and the SA went off to Oz last week, so we're nervously waiting the result!!

best of luck to you!

let me know what you decide, and i can put you in touch with Visa Bureau if you wish.

Guest SO,DIZZY

Have you done your tra yet?? It will all depend on what visa you are after who you are applying with etc.. If you have oh and children.. Medicals etc.. There are prices on the diac web site. As you are only 22 can i just say that getting your employment history will not be that hard,, although im not sure if at that age given you have some formal training THAT WILL BE TO THE EQUIVELANT OF CITY AND GUILDS and you will need to show your trade certs etc you will have enough work experience required, it is hard work the process but agents are expensive it takes a lot of paperwork but good luck..

Regards dizzy

hey, well im going to be getting my australia equivelant qualification for pathway E i think it is, which is the easiest i think, and i have proof of my employers for 5 years, all informal training etc :)

Hi,

We have done the whole process ourselves with out an agent if you have everything you need for tra and yours is a straight forward case then do it yourself. And save yourself a couple of grand. I got loads of help and info of this site. The tra is the hardest bit as they want a lot of info.

Rachael

sounds awesome.

i think i'm going to pay the extra with the people giving me the assessment as they prepare the whole case for the tra for you, is this wise or will the evidency i prepare for the trade assessment be enough for the TRA too?

Archived