175 still waiting - others have CO

Warning - small rant in progress :arghh:

beupdate.co.uk tells me that there are people who are also 175 (CSL) applicants who applied after us who have had a CO allocated and in some cases even the visa. We applied mid September, and there are people who applied in December who are already on their way!

I'm now getting very frustrated that our turn hasn't come yet!

I know that there are a number of teams who deal with the applications, but it feels like I'm in the slow queue at the post office!!! :confused:

Guest bentkitty

Join the club - I have had my CO assigned for a few months now but I have been in the slow queue in the HOC - my meds were received on 6 April (a month ago) and they just told me that it would be another two weeks before a doctor assesses them due to backlog! Yet someone else's meds recently got processed in three days!!! My agent rang them yesterday and asked for fast processing, so they have now dug mine up from the queue and hopefully a doctor will look at them today.!! (in other words calling them to point out that you are overdue for processing can help!!!)

I would strongly suggest you call the DIAC to ask what's going on and point out that you are a CSL applicant, in case they have you in the wrong bucket... They are supposed to be processing CSLs in date order so sounds like your file may well be misplaced...

Guest bentkitty
Thanks for this. We have an agent who wants to wait until mid May before chasing, but I am going to ask them to chase this week.

Frankly, that's ridiculous. Your agent should have chased the DIAC way before now, considering the circumstances. My agent chased the HOC two weeks ago, and chased again yesterday without complaining. Appreciate it may take a fair few tries by the agent to get through to the DIAC call centre so they want to avoid making unnecessary calls but frankly your situation merits this.

What profession is your application in for, if you don't mind me asking? Not accountant is it?

Guest bentkitty

Just noticed you are an accountant too so I think I know exactly what happened to your application. Has the agent notified the DIAC that you are an accountant AND you have IELTS test results > 7? As if they haven't then you will not be processed as CSL applicant, the onus in this case is on the applicant and not on the DIAC to identify accoutants who meet the IELTS criteria!!! If this is what happened it should be quite easy to clear up (assuming you have done IELTS!)

I am an accountant too and got our CO assigned within two weeks of notifying the DIAC re: the above, if that helps! :)

Guest grantvt

I know how you feel. I am watching other applicants getting CO's before me. Even visas as well.

Really frustrating not knowing what's going on.

Thanks for the replies.

The delay wasn't down to IELTS - they acknowledged us as being CSL a while back.

The big news though.... apparently a CO had been allocated but they just hadn't told us! We've been advised to expect requests for documents within 7 days, or else to let them know so that can chase (they being DIAC!) :jiggy:

Guest grantvt
Thanks for the replies.

The delay wasn't down to IELTS - they acknowledged us as being CSL a while back.

The big news though.... apparently a CO had been allocated but they just hadn't told us! We've been advised to expect requests for documents within 7 days, or else to let them know so that can chase (they being DIAC!) :jiggy:

Thats good news!

My status changed today as well. My documents now say 'Met'. So I hope that means a CO.

I have learnt a lot of patience with this process..

Dear Grant or anyone who'll listen....

Am in a similar situation to you, but a bit behind.

I've been uploading my documents but it still says 'required'.

As I'm not terribly confident with computers I must say the fact that it doesn't change to 'met' immediately does make me rather anxious to know that I've sent the documents properly.

Do you have any kind words of reassurance for me based on your own experiences?

The files I've uploaded so far I've done so in jpg. format as I was surprised that pdf. didn't seem to work.

How long were yours 'required' before changing to 'met'? Did you just have the confidence of your own convictions that you'd uploaded them properly-perhaps because you're good with computers, and didn't worry that it didn't change to 'met' straightaway?

Because there is a time pressure here as well of course-they say they want all the documents uploaded within 28 days.

Should I use an agent to give me peace of mind or is it very likely do you think that I will have uploaded them properly, on the basis that even a computer cretin like me should be able to do it?

Thanks and all the best.

Simon.

Guest jvtoperth

Hi bentkitty, just read your post. I'm an accountant too and thought that as I'd met the requirements to be on CSL (I aced the IELTS) that there was nothing further needed as they could draw info from the online application... can you please advise how I notify DIAC and if there is anything specific that I can say to speed things along?

Thanks in advance

Just noticed you are an accountant too so I think I know exactly what happened to your application. Has the agent notified the DIAC that you are an accountant AND you have IELTS test results > 7? As if they haven't then you will not be processed as CSL applicant, the onus in this case is on the applicant and not on the DIAC to identify accoutants who meet the IELTS criteria!!! If this is what happened it should be quite easy to clear up (assuming you have done IELTS!)

I am an accountant too and got our CO assigned within two weeks of notifying the DIAC re: the above, if that helps! :)

Guest bentkitty
Hi bentkitty, just read your post. I'm an accountant too and thought that as I'd met the requirements to be on CSL (I aced the IELTS) that there was nothing further needed as they could draw info from the online application... can you please advise how I notify DIAC and if there is anything specific that I can say to speed things along?

Thanks in advance

Just email them via the status page link, pretty sure that's what my agent did - or you can try calling them too if you can manage to get through. If you read the small print on the CSL it asks for accountants with IELTS>7 to contact DIAC to inform them that you meet the criteria and request to be processed as CSL applicant (the only trade on the list where this is required as far as I can remember so bit odd!) Thankfully my agent spotted that as I had assumed it would have been automatic too. Two weeks after that we had our CO... good luck

Guest bentkitty

As I'm not terribly confident with computers I must say the fact that it doesn't change to 'met' immediately does make me rather anxious to know that I've sent the documents properly.

The files I've uploaded so far I've done so in jpg. format as I was surprised that pdf. didn't seem to work.

How long were yours 'required' before changing to 'met'? Did you just have the confidence of your own convictions that you'd uploaded them properly-perhaps because you're good with computers, and didn't worry that it didn't change to 'met' straightaway?

Because there is a time pressure here as well of course-they say they want all the documents uploaded within 28 days.

Should I use an agent to give me peace of mind or is it very likely do you think that I will have uploaded them properly, on the basis that even a computer cretin like me should be able to do it?

Thanks and all the best.

Simon.

Simon, we use an agent who uploaded all our documents on to the system back in March 08, and my page is still showing most things as required, even though I have already had a CO assigned who has checked all our documentation, and confirmed no further info required excepts meds and police checks. It simply means the CO or a DIAC admin staff has not updated the system. I therefore expect my status to turn directly from 'Required' to 'Met' when the CO opens my file again (it should normally go 'Required' then 'Received' then 'Met' when the CO is satisfied that the info you provided meets the requirements). I stressed about this a lot too before I had the CO assigned, but now I know it is simply an admin oversight. If you have done all the leg work already yourself it would be a waste of money to hire an agent just for this! If you really want peace of mind you can always try calling the DIAC to doublecheck, though I really would not stress re: this as the status page means b*gger all sometimes, as most people on this forum would tell you...

Guest bentkitty
Thats good news!

My status changed today as well. My documents now say 'Met'. So I hope that means a CO.

I have learnt a lot of patience with this process..

Grant, It almost definitely means you have a CO and probably that you may be within a few days of your visa grant. Big congratulations, let us know when it arrives!!!:jiggy:

Guest grantvt

Thanks and all the best.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

jpegs should be fine as long as they are high resolution and in colour. My documents said 'Required' for 7 months then one day the suddenly changed to 'Met'. I think they may work on files and not update the details all the time.

The online system seems fairly stable and all my documents uploaded successfully. If you are concerned that your documents did not get uploaded for some reason send a Post Lodgement Enquiry to the DIAC asking them to please confirm they have recieved document x, y and z.

If you feel an agent will give you confidence in other parts of your application perhaps consult one but if your are just concerned with the recieving your documents sucessfully I would contact the DIAC directly.

Guest grantvt
Grant, It almost definitely means you have a CO and probably that you may be within a few days of your visa grant. Big congratulations, let us know when it arrives!!!:jiggy:

Thanks. I hope so, no email requesting Meds and PPC's yet.

Thanks Grant and Bentkitty.

Your comments have given me the confidence to believe my documents probably are uploading successfully.

So I don't think I'll bother with an agent...and save myself a few bob too.

Just for the record-most documents are requested to be certified copies of the originals-i.e certified photocopies-so they are in black and white, not colour. This is right isn't it?

i.e. original document-photocopy it-get notary to certify photocopy-scan certified photocopy-upload scanned certified photocopy. Is this the correct way to do it?

I only ask because nowhere on DIAC's webpages does it specifically state this.

Thanks again.

Guest bentkitty
Thanks. I hope so, no email requesting Meds and PPC's yet.

If you havent done your meds and PCs yet the visa won't be imminent - sorry I misread your post and thought you said everything had turned to 'Met' - I am told the visa typically arrives within next two days. Your page must still be showing as 'health requirements outstanding' presumably?

The fact that your status turned to Met for other items strongly indicates that you have a CO as someone has assessed them. You should contact the DIAC to ask if that is the case as it is surprising that your CO has not yet contacted you to ask for the meds/PCs...

Guest bentkitty
I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT i THOUGHT THEY HAD STOPPED PROCESSSING 175 TO CONCENTRATE ON 176SS

Where did you hear that? 175 CSLs are still being processed and some peeps have had visa grants...

Archived