etihad

Guest Mark and Sharon

Guest Mark and Sharon

Well it look`s like we`re be booking flight`s back to the uk this week,we havn`t been here long only 4month`s but the work situation has really hit us hard ,the lack of it and the next 12/18 month`s doesn`t look at all good.We have job`s to go back to and although we`re not rocket scientist or brain surgeon`s it`s work and we don`t want to gamble anymore of our saving`s hoping that something turn`s up over here.Maybe this is the right place at the wrong time for us to be here .It look`s like etihad airlines are the cheapest going back oneway and we wondered if anybody else had flown with them?

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Mark and Sharon,

I have flown with them quite a few times ,they are a very good airline,not in the realms of Emirates or Singapore Airlines but certainly very good for the price ,Etihad really are the cheapest at the moment,Malaysian airlines do have some good specials as well though,the Qantas sale that was talked about has been put on hold after they announced that they are forecasting an 80% drop in profits this quarter.

I hear talk of another Singapore Airlines sale before the week is out but I haven't had any word from my friend who works for them so I can't confirm that.

I would probably stick with Etihad if you can get a good fare but don't forget Malaysian as well.

Cheers

Guest gary12

Hi Mark and Sharon,

Can't comment from personal experience but I have a friend in the UK, her husband works in the middle east and he flys at least 6 times a year and will only ever go with Etihad.

I think if it is a good price go with it, after all you can put up with things that you feel are not quite right if they are only for a short time.

best of luck

Michelle

Guest nikkichap

Good luck. Don't feel bad that it hasn't worked out. I think alot of people that are returning are doing so due to the job situation. At least you tried.

I don't know much about Etihid but my hubby plans to use them when he fly's home later in the year as long as the price is good. He isn't bothered about mod cons etc just wants to get home, as its a one way he can put up with it maybe not being the best airline. But I think they are a pretty good airline.

Hope you settle back in the UK and you can start to enjoy life again.

Guest Mark and Sharon

thanks for the replies,just got a price of $4500 for 3 adults and 1 child which is good ,we`re gutted it hasn`t worked out but we know our lives are all the better for the experience and really our life was ok in the uk and it will be even better when we get back.

HI WE HAVE A FRIEND WHO RECENTLY FLEW WITH THEM.He said no probs at all, he always used emerates before but they were cheaper, how ever he has just returned from the uk after 4weeks to try again here as he said even after two years here he feels he needs to give it another go.Try somewhere else, Australia is a huge place, get sending out your CV'S to everyone, my mate just done that and has been unidated with emails..... i feel lost and down some days but need to give this place a chance, struggling with ill health too which is a financial drain but we want to give it a fair go .....What visa are you on.... 175 independant your free to roam as you please, sponsored im sure someone else will sponsorer you.... Try not to give up too soon give it a year at least i know its hard good luck

Guest proud2beaussie
thanks for the replies,just got a price of $4500 for 3 adults and 1 child which is good ,we`re gutted it hasn`t worked out but we know our lives are all the better for the experience and really our life was ok in the uk and it will be even better when we get back.

$4500.00 is pretty reasonable in the current market,I booked a client with Emirates earier today and for 3 +2 the best I could do for them was $5300.00 so your fare is

reasonable.

I hope you have a good flight back,sorry Australia didn't work out as well as you had hoped,I hope you take away at least some good memories of Australia.

Cheers

Archived