Sponsorship

Guest sabink

Guest sabink

OK had the Commitment to Canberra statement approved, got the cash in the account >$50,000 - just need the bank statement and then our applications off.

Just need to get fit for the medical, well lost a few lbs!

Karl, Liz and Charlotte

Guest wossall

Hi

Good luck with your application, we put our in for state sponsorship on the 4th April still waiting to hear, good luck, let us know how you get on.

Lynne

Guest Samfire
OK had the Commitment to Canberra statement approved, got the cash in the account >$50,000 - just need the bank statement and then our applications off.

Just need to get fit for the medical, well lost a few lbs!

Karl, Liz and Charlotte

Good luck with the application. We just received our state sponsorship - had to do the cost of living budget thing though - didn't have 50k, but we got our application approved. I'm currently contemplating the medicals also - trying to lose a few pounds too! Keep us posted. You too Lynne, and best of luck to everybody - hope to see you all in the ACT!

Guest brizziebound

HI Sabink,

We applied for ACT sponsership 3 weeks ago so know what you are going through.

Best of luck with the application.

Martin & Nicki

Guest sabink

Thanks guys, submitted 30th April (my wifes birthday)

Fingers crossed

What can we expect next?

Guest Samfire
Thanks guys, submitted 30th April (my wifes birthday)

Fingers crossed

What can we expect next?

It will take about a month (current timelines) at least. They will advise you by email (or your agent if you're using one) if they need additional documentation. Otherwise, if all is in order, you may not hear anything until a decision has been made. Good luck!

Guest Samfire
Do you need $50K in the bank for State Sponsorship? I hope not?!

Hi Mike, don't panic! The ACT require applicants to have $20,000, plus $10k for each additional person included in the application, which for a family of four amounts to 50k. The requirements of each different territory varies, so depending on which state you are applying for State Sponsorship, this will differ.

Hi Samfire,

Thanks for the info. We're also a family of 4. I'm currently having my skills assessed and will then decide whether to go for ACT 176, or Queensland 'Skilled Regional Sponsored Eligible Skills List'. I'm 90% certain it will be ACT State Sponsorship 176. So that will mean I'll need $50K? (£25k). At what stage do you need this? When applying for State Sponsorship? Do you hand it over for a year? We don't have £25K so may have to think about selling house, which we didn't want to do at this stage.

Thanks,

Mike.

Guest Samfire

Hi again Mike. Firstly, you won't have to hand your money over to anybody, rest assured! You will be asked to provide proof (via a balancing statement of your bank account) that you have $50k when you apply for State Sponsorship to ACT. Don't worry if you haven't got it, we didn't, so you will then be required to submit an estimated budget based on your research into the cost of living in Canberra, to show them that you are fully aware of what kind of money you will need to be earning in order to support yourself and your family. If you have any regular income coming with you to OZ, make sure to mention this too.

It might be wise to start this research as soon as you have made a definite decision to apply to ACT for State Sponsorship. You will find the information, but it is a time-consuming process. Remember, it has to be undertaken by yourself and you will need to show them that you have researched such costs as petrol prices, Electricity Bils, Gas, Telephone, TV, Home Insurance, Car tax and insurance, health/dental insurance, bus and cinema ticket prices, grocery bills etc. I have some information on this, so when you have made your decision, and if you choose the ACT, get back to me via this forum and I will send you on the information I sourced.

Best of luck!

Guest destinationoz

I would really welcome any help you could give in terms of information you sourced - Thanks lots!! I'm currently waiting for my qualifications to be assessed then need to submit my application for ACT sponsership. Thank you to ayone that can help....

Samfire - that's a relief! Thanks for your advice and offer of help. I should get my skills assessment result back this week so I'll need to decide ACT or QLD. I use an agency so hopefully they'll be able to advice on the living costs etc.

Guest Samfire
I would really welcome any help you could give in terms of information you sourced - Thanks lots!! I'm currently waiting for my qualifications to be assessed then need to submit my application for ACT sponsership. Thank you to ayone that can help....

Sorry it took so long to reply to you! Was up the walls getting the house on the market and wasn't spending my usual amount of time at the PC! I've sent it on to you now. Good Luck

Archived