nursing question

gazza

we r in the final stage just waiting for our CO now and looking to move to Perth. A good friend of ours has said that she had thought about emigrating to Oz 6 years ago but as she had young kiddies and nobody out there didn' pursue it.

Now we are going she would like to apply, she is 34 and been in nursing for over 10 years, so I am sure she will qualify points wise. She is wondering whether she will need to take a competance test or other qualifying exam in Perth to be able to continue in her career. Anybody know the answer, please?

thanks

donna

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

She shouid qualify for 136 skilled migration visa ,with 10 years post reg experience her skills assessment with the anmc will not be a problem, will just have to send them required documents, no test needed.

Guest Hezza

Hi,

Yep,skills assessment is required from ANMC in Adelaide,mine cost 255 pounds and is still waiting to be seen (back log of applicants).

She needs to get in touch with NMC in London for them to verify her nursing skills & send off to Adelaide (34 pounds).

Later,she will need to register in the state she wishes to practice in(ie Perth)at a cost I can't remember ($200,I think).

Hope this helps,

Paula

(pound sign is a #,sorry bout that!)

Guest bshootz

Hi , i have 13 years nursing experience and had no probs getting my letter from ANMC saying that i 'was suitable for migration'.

It took about 8 weeks to come back, now in the process of the visa application and doing up the house to sell.:wacko:

Beckyx:jiggy:

is your friend currently working as a nurse for at least 20 hours per week.i have over ten years experience but because i have worked for less than twenty hours per week for the last 18 months i am not eligible to apply for a skilled independant visa.All nurses must apply to the relevant nursing authority for the state they wish to live in for registration.

Guest phil & ali

Hi

Had the same problem - as I haven't worked as a nurse for 12 out of the past 18 months I am not eligable to apply for a skilled worker visa. (even though I have been qualified for over 20 years & nursed for most of those!)

However it is still possible to go on a sponsorship visa - there are loads of websites out there offering jobs in Aus on sponsorship. Apparently it can take as little as 6 months to get out on a sponsorship visa & there is the opportunity to apply for residency once you have completed your sponsorship. It just means that you are tied to an employer normally for 2 years.

Hope this info helps - it did cheer us up & it means there is still a way to get out to Aus :jiggy:

Ali

Hi there

No I didn't know that about the 20 hours, i think she does but I am going to find out! So r u saying that she has to apply for a nursing job and do the phone interview then can apply for sponsorship? Sorry bit thick but we are going under a skilled visa so sponsorship is new to me.

Thanks for the info.

Donna

Archived