single parents

Guest lady vsters

Guest lady vsters

Hi,

I am a single parent aged 27 with my two kids 7 and 8. My family emigrated 2 yrs ago along with the my sisters so was time for me to go to.. and v luckily on my 1st trip over I was offered a job and a 457 visa.. very lucky i know ... and i cant wait..

but now my fear is sinkin in.. my family will be 4 hrs away from me and I will be workin in the cbd of melbourne.. but my initial wages will not be that good ( my lifestyle is ok over here) and i am panicking.

I am very fortunate for this opp but has anyone else been in this sit with two young kids. I dont have much money behind me but I am going on my self belive.

Has anyone else been in this sit before and having any words of wisdom for me !!! Just feelin shaky today !!

xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lovey

There is not enough info in your post for me to be able to help much.

A 457 visa is little more than a temporary work-permit, though. What is the longer-term plan, chooks?

Cheers

Gill

Guest lady vsters

hi,

Thanks. My long term plan is for the company who have offered to sponser me after the two years for pr. regardless for this I belive I will have the option of last remaing relative. I know the 457 has a lot of drawbacks in my sit .. but its my foot in the door at the moment and I belive in my situation I am very grateful to be giving this.. never look a gift horse in the mouth !!

i know this is the best thing for the kids and I and of course to be close to my family . but still very daunting. I am still young and of course hope to meet others my age but having to worry about childcare.. not having my friends and the odd baby sitter is a bit scary !! it will be a real scrimp and save as well..

its just when you read forums like this and you see familes that have a lot more behind them that you start to worry.. self belive goes a long way though and would be a boost to speak to anyone else who has managed to pull of this task before !!

xxx

Archived