Work experience - jobs

briggs

Guest hopingtobetheresoon

yes we manged to get e refernce to say the my oh had worked for a number of years for the same employer. I know it is very difficult esp in the building trade where you can spent 2 wks on one job and 1 year on another

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Briggs

The situation at the moment is that you have not submitted your application for a subclass 475 visa as yet. Therefore now is the time to double check everything and make sure that it is in apple pie order since you are not using an agent.

Have you received confirmation that SA will sponsor you or are you still waiting for that, please?

With regard to your new question about your work history, the issue is not how many different employers you have had in the last 4 years. That does not matter.

What does matter is the question of specific work experience for the Points test:

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

Please read the provision about specific work experience, below:

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

To qualify for the additional points, the general statement says:

You will be awarded points if you have been employed for three (3) of the last four (4) years in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

It goes on to say:

You must have been employed:

• for at least 20 hours a week
  • in a paid position
  • at a skilled level in your nominated occupation or in a closely related occupation on the SOL

DIAC will be looking for evidence that you have been paid for every week of every year duing the relevant period, I suspect. If there are gaps between one temp job ending and the next one beginning you will not be able to claim points for specific work experience.

If your points total comes to 100 or more without including any points at all for specific work experience then this bit will be OK. If you need the SWE points in order to get 100 points in total then you have a problem.

Do you have 100 points if you assume zero points for specific work experience, please?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

Thank you for that.

I am waiting for SA to get back to me. If they grant me the sponsorship, i will have 100 points, which include the work experience part.

I have chosen the occupation 3212-79 Financial dealers and brokers. All the jobs i had are all Finance officer or assistant accountant.

I have references. contratcs and a few wage slips and P45 and P60 for these jobs.

I dont understand how DIAC calculate this, cause to my understanding i thought, as long as all the jobs worked added up to 36 months it should be fine?

Thank you in advance for your help

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Briggs

I do not know whether DIAC work it out as being 36 months out of the 48 months immediately preceding the visa application or whether they look for 3 complete calendar years.

I would suggest getting a competent, experienced migration agent to vet your proposed application so as to identify any possible pitfalls with it since you seem to be nervous and unsure about several different aspects of the whole thing. I think that for you getting a "health check" on all the different strands involved would be money well spent.

Some agents are hijackers. They want to seize control of you, your visa application and your life. If you speak with any like that, move on swiftly. Plenty of others are not control freaks and are happy to do the health check, advise you and then leave you to do as you please.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived