moving to sydney with 3 old son and partner

Guest laura

We are in the process of applying for a spouse visa for myself. My partner has an Australian passport but has no family there, has not lived in Sydney since he was a toddler. We basically do not know the city very much, lived there for a couple of months when we were single. We now need to find out what are the good areas in Sydney for a young family, fairly close to the beach, not too expensive, with good parks and good state schools. Can anybody help?

• 1 month later...
Guest nicarena

"fairly close to the beach, not too expensive, with good parks and good state schools"

Try Melbourne (Mornington Peninsula). Sydney is so overrated.

Guest JohnKelly
....... We now need to find out what are the good areas in Sydney for a young family, fairly close to the beach, not too expensive, with good parks and good state schools. Can anybody help?

Hmmm, fairly close to the beach, not too expensive, with good parks and good State Schools; you're talking big money when you want that in Sydney and you would be buying an established home

I really don't know Sydney that well, but the new development areas are a fair way from Sydney centre ie the harbour bridge etc.

Have you thought of the Gosford area and even beyond towards Newcastle?

Archived