HAs anyone shipped there dog back to UK without using an agent??HELP

Guest ollie247

Guest ollie247

Hi there,

Our AQIS vet said last night that it is expensive to use agents to sort out your pet travel and that it was relatively easy to organise yourself and way cheaper?? HAs anyone done this as I am struggling to find an airline that will let me book my dog on without them saying you have to use there accredited agent. Which puts me back to square one.

Anyone know of any airlines??

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

Sarah:wacko:

Guest spud74
Hi there,

Our AQIS vet said last night that it is expensive to use agents to sort out your pet travel and that it was relatively easy to organise yourself and way cheaper?? HAs anyone done this as I am struggling to find an airline that will let me book my dog on without them saying you have to use there accredited agent. Which puts me back to square one.

Anyone know of any airlines??

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

Sarah:wacko:

Hi Sarah

I am going back to the uk very soon with two dogs after getting several quotes from several companies (upto $5000!!)i realised i could do it myself.So i got the neccessary jabs and microchipping done at the Aqis vet (that was back in oct) and am now ready to go the next step rang BA and they will only do through an agent but rang quantas and they sent me through all the details on how to do it all.I think all up its gonna cost me $2500 thats with everything from the rabies shots,blood tests through to the flights and clearence etc.There is a list of airlines approved to carry pets on the defra website.Hope this helps.

Sarah:smile:

Archived