Project Manager

Guest ScottyDog

Guest ScottyDog

Hi to all,

First post (of many more to come i am sure).

We are at the very early stages of looking into a permanent move down under so for the next couple of months I will be doing some research.

First question regards my career. I'm currently a Project Manager for a civil engineering firm and have been for the last 3nr years. All my experience is in the water industry and specifically the dirty water side of things i.e. refurb of existing sewers, construction of new sewers, tunnelling, WwTW's etc.

Are there plenty of jobs around that fit this description? Specifically in either Brisbane, Perth or Sydney. What is the average annual wage? I currently get a company car supplied, is this arrangement similar in Australia? Anyone know of any company's i can make contact with that do this type of work?

We are currently a couple of years away from a move (when our eldest daughter finishes her exams), but I like to do as much research as i can up front.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Scott

Guest tahe49

My OH is also a project Manager but for the Electricity side, we have just been to the Expo and there was a water company there - for the life of me I can't remember what they were called.

We spoke to a few people about my OH but we got the impression that they really wanted people with Degree's, which is a pain because my husband only has 20 years experience...... don't figure !

My OH is also a project Manager but for the Electricity side, we have just been to the Expo and there was a water company there - for the life of me I can't remember what they were called.

We spoke to a few people about my OH but we got the impression that they really wanted people with Degree's, which is a pain because my husband only has 20 years experience...... don't figure !

We went there too, and it was the Melbourne Water Company, sorry didn't pick up any details but thats all we know!!:)

Archived