Korean Air

tracy123

Hi All

I travelled with Korean Air on this trip to Australia and WHAT A FANTASTIC AIRLINE I can not fault them well i can but the service ALL ROUND was A1.

the bad points

the staff onboard 2 of the 4 legs (2 legs to get to Aust 2 legs back to the UK) did not speak the best English. But to be fair they didn't give up and always smiled.

the leg from Soeul to Melb / Melb to Soeul was an old plane so the plane did not have tv's in the head rest. But the seats had more room and thicker padding (great for sleeping).

Some people may not like the food however i found it very tasty and fresh

The good points

25 kgs for your luggage and 12 kgs for your hand luggage

(mind you on the return trip i had 33 kgs and the let it go on NO CHARGE) most airlines only allow 20kg and 7kg for hand luggage. So they give you an extra 10 kg and at $75 AUD a kilo thats $750 saved!!!!

The ground staff are very helpful and go out of there way to help you (i even got a free upgrade on 1 leg)

The staff on the plane are up and down the alse all the time serving drinks chips, nuts etc and are only to happy to get you a drink or something to eat at anytime and ALWAYS have a smile on there face.....

Your food tray is taken away within 20 minutes of you finishing your meal, as are your cups cans etc

You have a 21 hour stop in Soeul and they provide you with a good hotel (min 4 stars) 3 meal vouchers and the bus transfer to the hotel which is all orginised for you including your wake up call....

They are cheap in price and nothing else.

Any questions fire away

Geoffrey

Guest proud2beaussie

I've flown with Korean Air 12 times,mostly within Asia and I can confirm the opinions of Tracy123,

they are a good,all round airline and although the journey to the UK via Seoul is quite long they make you feel as comfortable as possible.

A good airline IMHO.

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Geoffrey, does this mean your back in the UK, what happened to coffee? lol

Glad to hear you had a good trip.

KP Nuts

Hi Geoffrey,

Mopre impoertantly what about leg room? Never flown them as always been off their routes. Was the jouney also longer than say emirates (Not including the stop over)

Guest tlc05
Hi All

I travelled with Korean Air on this trip to Australia and WHAT A FANTASTIC AIRLINE I can not fault them well i can but the service ALL ROUND was A1.

the bad points

the staff onboard 2 of the 4 legs (2 legs to get to Aust 2 legs back to the UK) did not speak the best English. But to be fair they didn't give up and always smiled.

the leg from Soeul to Melb / Melb to Soeul was an old plane so the plane did not have tv's in the head rest. But the seats had more room and thicker padding (great for sleeping).

Some people may not like the food however i found it very tasty and fresh

The good points

25 kgs for your luggage and 12 kgs for your hand luggage

(mind you on the return trip i had 33 kgs and the let it go on NO CHARGE) most airlines only allow 20kg and 7kg for hand luggage. So they give you an extra 10 kg and at $75 AUD a kilo thats $750 saved!!!!

The ground staff are very helpful and go out of there way to help you (i even got a free upgrade on 1 leg)

The staff on the plane are up and down the alse all the time serving drinks chips, nuts etc and are only to happy to get you a drink or something to eat at anytime and ALWAYS have a smile on there face.....

Your food tray is taken away within 20 minutes of you finishing your meal, as are your cups cans etc

You have a 21 hour stop in Soeul and they provide you with a good hotel (min 4 stars) 3 meal vouchers and the bus transfer to the hotel which is all orginised for you including your wake up call....

They are cheap in price and nothing else.

Any questions fire away

Geoffrey

Hi Thanks for the great info. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids. At the moment I am searching websites for some reasonable flight prices, not having much luck :arghh:.

So far we are looking at a £1000 each!! I wasnt expecting the prices to be quite so high. We are not going till April next year, I would like to book the flights so I know its done. However would I be better booking the flights nearer the time??????.

All advice welcome :hug:

Archived