Debt management

Guest atsgreig

Guest atsgreig

Hey in the current recession time so many people have to left their job and they are now in critical situation. One of my friend is also in such a bad situation and he is in debt now . He needs a good advisor comapny for debt management . So can anyone suggest that which is a relevant debt management company in uk? Thanks in advance.

Guest proud2beaussie

To be honest I would not be recommending a debt management company to begin with,I would tell your friend that often the best place to start is their bank,banks have experienced financial advisors on their staff and most of them are very approachable and willing to help with debt consolidation plans and budgets etc,it's in the banks interest to look after their customers at the moment so I would try them first,then if that does not succeed then you can look at debt management companies.

Hope this helps

Guest atsgreig
To be honest I would not be recommending a debt management company to begin with,I would tell your friend that often the best place to start is their bank,banks have experienced financial advisors on their staff and most of them are very approachable and willing to help with debt consolidation plans and budgets etc,it's in the banks interest to look after their customers at the moment so I would try them first,then if that does not succeed then you can look at debt management companies.

Hope this helps

Hey thanks for ur reply .

Guest barrylyn

I would agree with Nigel, the best plan of attack for your friend is to speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau or other debt advice charity, they are free, they are impartial and confidential. The bank would be the next port of call but the CAB should be able to deal with it all so no need for the bank. One issue of going to the bank is that they may be one of the main 'creditors' and therefore more likely to look after themselves rather than help your friend sort their overall situation out.

The Debt Management Companies should be given a very wide steer, they charge a lot of money for their advice (not up front but built into the money you pay in your payment plan) and you may wish to research the internet news forums where there are a number of debt arrangment companies under investigation and warnings abuot going straight to them.

So to reiterate, head to the local CAB and they will be pleased to help your friend and be able to do all the things or show him/her how to do it.

I hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation.

Guest atsgreig

Nigelinoz and barrylyn thanks to u for taking interest. I also think he should follow this way . Thanks once again.

Nigelinoz and barrylyn thanks to u for taking interest. I also think he should follow this way . Thanks once again.

Get him to try National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000 all the information he will need is on the web and they also offer a telephone service with debt counsellors they are confidential free and offer excellant advice and support. CAB is also free however will involve your friend going into the office and waiting in a que which may take a long time -this is how they have to work however following this they will give apts. Their service is first rate also so take your pick

Guest wannabeinperth

:idea: Give Pay Plan a look at, absolutely brilliant, and all the companies you owe money too know them, as soon as you mention they are sorting your affairs they back off. its free and very very helpful.

Good Luck

Guest cornishman

Pay Plan are great. As mentioned all of the banks know and respect them. Also they do not charge for there service.

Guest Hearne_Family

Payplan are impartial and free to use, they are government approved and will get your friends affairs in order in no time at all.

Unfortunately banks will only offer advice that will suit them, they will not advise going elsewhere they will advise of ways to ensure that they still get payments with little regard to other financial commitments your friend may have.

Archived