This is sort of the plan (I think!)_

Guest John Locke

Guest John Locke

Just wanted to put down what my wife and I have been discussing over the last week and would appreciate any thoughts, advice and general words of wisdom as my head feels like it`s about to explode!!!!

House on the market/Dogs injections

I would then move back to (Recession hit) U.K., try and find work and a rental large enough for my family`s eventual arrival (I have no idea as yet with regards to benefits, housing list etc, what, if anything I would be entitled to or when!!).

House will sell really quickly (lol) and after tying up any loose ends my wife and children (and dogs!) will then join me.

My wife will find work and then with whatever`s left of the profit on the house, we`ll look to getting a mortgage!

Ok, so everything I`ve written sounds good, but makes me want to add this...:skeptical: and this..:unsure:as I`m feeling pretty negative at the moment.

The thought of starting from scratch feels terrifying! My wife is a born optimist and myself a pessimist so it can be tough finding equal ground between us. One thing`s for sure, now the seed has been planted to return to U.K, it`s started to grow rapidly.

Guest colandsue

Hi John,

I have been wondering how you were getting on thanks for the update.

Wow, exciting. You are so lucky to have a wonderful wife who backs you 100 %.

Are the children excited?

I quite like the packing up bit and heading to the unknown.

Its time to get excited ! You have a strong family unit, you will all be fine.

It's another chapter in your life,if you don't like it open another one.

All the best for you and your family on your new adventure!

Take care and keep us updated.

Sue x

Guest nikkichap
Just wanted to put down what my wife and I have been discussing over the last week and would appreciate any thoughts, advice and general words of wisdom as my head feels like it`s about to explode!!!!

House on the market/Dogs injections

I would then move back to (Recession hit) U.K., try and find work and a rental large enough for my family`s eventual arrival (I have no idea as yet with regards to benefits, housing list etc, what, if anything I would be entitled to or when!!).

House will sell really quickly (lol) and after tying up any loose ends my wife and children (and dogs!) will then join me.

My wife will find work and then with whatever`s left of the profit on the house, we`ll look to getting a mortgage!

Ok, so everything I`ve written sounds good, but makes me want to add this...:skeptical: and this..:unsure:as I`m feeling pretty negative at the moment.

The thought of starting from scratch feels terrifying! My wife is a born optimist and myself a pessimist so it can be tough finding equal ground between us. One thing`s for sure, now the seed has been planted to return to U.K, it`s started to grow rapidly.

Seems like a good plan to me. Seems like you have covered all the important things. But I'm sure there will be things to add to your plan along the way. It can make your head explode when trying to arrange such a big step into the "unknown". When are you planning to return? What area are you thinking of living? I know what it feels like as I'm going back with my boys and my Hubby is joining us later in the year. I don't know how I feel about doing it all on my own but I know it's the right thing.

I hope all goes well and you are reunited as a family quickly. Keep us updated!

Guest John Locke

Not sure when and where. Ideally an hour or two from London ultimately, but obviously taking into account work and house prices, still have a bit of research to do and have spoken to my sister who is in Essex and is very supportive and willing to help out (but hoping to give my brain a break over the easter weekend, although we have an estate agent coming to value the house on Tuesday so have lots of tidying up to do!)

Guest John Locke

Hi, here is the link to why. Should prbably have continued in that one but started a new one...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/moving-back-uk/58029-taking-my-children-back-u-k.html

Also, read a post first thing this morning regarding the man who has been here since he was 14 and suffered terrible depression. Clicked off to take the kids to school and cannot for the life of me find it now and really wanted to reread, if someone can jog my memory...

Guest nikkichap
Hi, here is the link to why. Should prbably have continued in that one but started a new one...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/moving-back-uk/58029-taking-my-children-back-u-k.html

Also, read a post first thing this morning regarding the man who has been here since he was 14 and suffered terrible depression. Clicked off to take the kids to school and cannot for the life of me find it now and really wanted to reread, if someone can jog my memory...

It's called "Moving back after 20 years?" by a bloke called Skut. Also read it. Wanting to write a reply myself but I'm no expert on mental health and so not sure what I can say to help his situation! Hopefully he will get some good sound advice frrom others. Will watch and read the relies to him as they come in.

Archived