Hello!

Sun Shine

Hi all!

Hubby and I are at the early stages of fact finding about moving to Australia.

I'm a qualified Occupational Therapist (2007) but have unfortunately not been lucky enough to secure a job as an OT due to lack of opportunities in the area. Though I am currently employed as a community mental health worker which uses some of my OT skills :smile:

I need to look into information more thoroughly but I think OT's are still wanted down under and hopefully my qualification will help with a visa application......?

We quite like the sound of Adelaide, but again we need to do more research.

Any pointers or advice would be gratefully received :cute:

Thanks for reading.

Hello sunshine! Welcome to pio, hope you are enjoying the site,

If you go into migration and take a look at the sticky notes you will find a list of of updated skills for S/A, We too are hoping to settle in Adelaide, all the best Dawn x

Guest Fredtheman

Hi Sun shine,

You might have better luck in one of the bigger cities, but I'm not sure. Though I would have to admit it a lot of people on here could do with your help on here as an OT. Just see the funny side of it.

Good to talk to you.:hug:

Fred

Hello Sunshine, welcome to PIO.

As Dawn says check out the different State sites to see if your occuaption is on the lists. We're heading to Adelaide too - have you checked out Poms In Adelaide or Adelaide Bound? - links below :-

Adelaide Bound - making migrating to Adelaide, South Australia easier. Info for those wishing to emigrate to South Australia

PomsInAdelaide

Wish you all the best.

Kim x:biggrin:

Archived