and its goodnight from him...........

Guest sooveroz

Guest Lui A xxx
I thought that judging by the title of the thread Ronnie Corbett had died!!!

Ha..ha...so did I...!!...pleased I'm not the only one...!!....:biglaugh:

xxx

Hi Scooveroz

Have been in Oz since Nov 08 with my 2 kids. I am a single parent and came over comforted in the knowledge that I had visited on a couple of occasions and that I had the support of my sister and her family and my brother. I managed to find work immediately, rented a house, got kids into kinder and school, so initially felt pretty pleased with myself. However, the reality of living 'on the moon' has sunk in. I have no friends around me and my immediate family are busy with their own lives - I am in the process of organising shipping goods back to u.k. You are right when you say you don't know what you've got until its gone. I miss the u.k and the whole familiarity and comfort of that feeling. I must confess I was brave when I made this decision, but feel that I am beginning to crumble fast under the pressure of feeling lonely and isolated and moving into a new job and learning new systems to boot and the whole reintegration within a new country. I don't regret my actions, but understand my own need to have stability in my life to remain sane! I am looking forward to going back to be with my nearest and dearest family and friends.

Good luck to others in similar predicament.

Woz

Guest Swing low sweet chariot

Woz,

Well, your story is all too familiar. It's when the reality bites and it really hits you! You are brave to have come a cross as a single parent. You gave it a go and it's now out of your system. I agree, it's the familiar things and the comfort of being in the UK. You don't realise how good the UK is before you lose it. It is such an original place and we miss it greatly. We are planning to move back around Sep 09. Stay strong girl, focus on your move date and keep that as your focus. You'll be home in time for a real Christmas, not sat swealtering in the incessant heat. Give me 2 weeks in the Greek Islands for some sun & the rest in beautiful England with it's awesome countryside, seasons, history, culture, pubs, food, comedy, TV, sense of humour, BBQs, decent beer, live rugby & football on Sky Sports, etc etc etc.

Guest sooveroz
I thought that judging by the title of the thread Ronnie Corbett had died!!!

apologies to anyone who thought the little 'un had passed away.

dont know why i called the thread that - its just something me old dad used to always say when he was leaving anyone/anywhere. i hope i havent jinxed him :embarrassed:

Guest sooveroz
Woz,

Well, your story is all too familiar. It's when the reality bites and it really hits you! You are brave to have come a cross as a single parent. You gave it a go and it's now out of your system. I agree, it's the familiar things and the comfort of being in the UK. You don't realise how good the UK is before you lose it. It is such an original place and we miss it greatly. We are planning to move back around Sep 09. Stay strong girl, focus on your move date and keep that as your focus. You'll be home in time for a real Christmas, not sat swealtering in the incessant heat. Give me 2 weeks in the Greek Islands for some sun & the rest in beautiful England with it's awesome countryside, seasons, history, culture, pubs, food, comedy, TV, sense of humour, BBQs, decent beer, live rugby & football on Sky Sports, etc etc etc.

I totally agree. woz is very brave to have done that and I'm sure we will all look at our home circumstances in a new light once back where we want to be. i feel lonley with my partner with me so it must be sheer hell on "your own". :notworthy: for even trying!!

Guest treesea

Well, you are definitely coming back to the right place for decent education. Scottish secondary schools are really full on, equivalent more to a private school education in Australia rather than a state school education. The P.E. programme has been a big, and pleasant, surprise here. Two and a half hours a week and you get to try out everything - volleyball, football, rugby, badminton, table tennis, dance, gymnastics - you name it, they teach it to the kids. 18 kids to a class.

And the weather here in Edinburgh is great, all year round. Sunny and cool - just right.

Archived