is there a cut off date??

Guest shaznsteve

Guest shaznsteve

hi all

we have lodged our 175 this week (plumber) and was wondering whether we would fall in with the current allocation or would we fall in with the lower allocation that everyone is talking about? quite frankly its a bit of a minefield at the moment as there does not seem to be any solid guidelines to follow.... sureley the gov should issue something in black and white so we know what we have spent our hard earned cash on....and whether it will ever bring a visa at all

im so mad at the moment!!!!!! aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh.:arghh:

Hi guys

Im afraid to say us tradies are in for a little longer wait now due to us being removed off the CSL...

Your application is not being processed at the moment, expecting DIAC to make movement on these after May 09..

I would guess that 175 application only on the MODL are gonna take upwards of 12 months from lodgement date...

Thata if they dont make anymore bloomin changes..:unsure:

Hang in there guys and goodluck..

Guest shaznsteve

thanks for reply, so its not a case of not being granted a visa due to the changes but more like a delay??

thanks for reply, so its not a case of not being granted a visa due to the changes but more like a delay??

Yep you got it one...Your application has moved from the hot pile to the not so hot pile...

Have you thought about switching visa to a 176 and trying for state sponsorship??

If ya wanna get back in the hot pile its always an option, currently these visa types have absolute priority...

Guest Rickard Family
Yep you got it one...Your application has moved from the hot pile to the not so hot pile...

Have you thought about switching visa to a 176 and trying for state sponsorship??

If ya wanna get back in the hot pile its always an option, currently these visa types have absolute priority...

do you know if Once you get back on the hot pile are we basicaly starting from begining of logdement again or do they take into account the previous months of 175?

feel free to lie if it's not what i wanna hear...lol , no only joking put me out my misery!

thanks

lou x

Guest Gollywobbler
do you know if Once you get back on the hot pile are we basicaly starting from begining of logdement again or do they take into account the previous months of 175?

feel free to lie if it's not what i wanna hear...lol , no only joking put me out my misery!

thanks

lou x

Hi Lou

At the moment the ASPC are saying that when a file joins the State Sponsored pile it will be allocated to a Case Officer within 10 working days and that the applicant should expect to hear something within about a fortnight after that.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Rickard Family

Hi Gill

Thanks for that, can i just ask what your feelings would be on us getting Med's and PC's done even though for now it would still be under our 175 but was told this won't be a problem but may be better to hold off till required by CO but was thinking if we do that next stage may help us up the ladder so to speak?

thanks

Lou x

hi all

we have lodged our 175 this week (plumber) and was wondering whether we would fall in with the current allocation or would we fall in with the lower allocation that everyone is talking about? quite frankly its a bit of a minefield at the moment as there does not seem to be any solid guidelines to follow.... sureley the gov should issue something in black and white so we know what we have spent our hard earned cash on....and whether it will ever bring a visa at all

im so mad at the moment!!!!!! aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh.:arghh:

Hiya,

been having the exact same worries as you....We lodged our 175 (modl) Visa application on 18th March 09.....We are more than happy to wait a year for our visa, not so impressed with 18mths....But if its gonna be 2 years, thats not good!

However, as you say, we just want to know that we are defo gonna get our visas...It just wouldnt be right, fair or moral to say no. :no:

Hiya,

been having the exact same worries as you....We lodged our 175 (modl) Visa application on 18th March 09.....We are more than happy to wait a year for our visa, not so impressed with 18mths....But if its gonna be 2 years, thats not good!

However, as you say, we just want to know that we are defo gonna get our visas...It just wouldnt be right, fair or moral to say no. :no:

No-one can say you'll defo get it but if you have the correct points and everything checks out - references, meds, police checks then a visa will be granted. I asked this of my migration agent & was told it is an objective processes. The only real question is when.

The CSL is nothing to do with your qualification for the visa purely the order in which they are processed.

Even if your occupation is removed from the MODL or you turn 45 you do not 'lose' points as it's taken from the date you applied. (I guess there is nothing to stop them changing that rule but IMHO that's unlikely)

We're 175 CSL/MODL but already here on a 457 - despite 'knowing' we would get it until it was in my hand I wasn't going to believe it so I know what you're going through. And I'll be happier once the 175 is granted.

Try to be positive - now would not be a good time to move anyway - selling property in the UK is hard and employment prospects aren't so good here (hence the changes)

But you will get here!

Jules

No-one can say you'll defo get it but if you have the correct points and everything checks out - references, meds, police checks then a visa will be granted. I asked this of my migration agent & was told it is an objective processes. The only real question is when.

The CSL is nothing to do with your qualification for the visa purely the order in which they are processed.

Even if your occupation is removed from the MODL or you turn 45 you do not 'lose' points as it's taken from the date you applied. (I guess there is nothing to stop them changing that rule but IMHO that's unlikely)

We're 175 CSL/MODL but already here on a 457 - despite 'knowing' we would get it until it was in my hand I wasn't going to believe it so I know what you're going through. And I'll be happier once the 175 is granted.

Try to be positive - now would not be a good time to move anyway - selling property in the UK is hard and employment prospects aren't so good here (hence the changes)

But you will get here!

Jules

Thanks Jules, thats a really informative & helpfull post...Much appreciated :cute:

Archived