How Much Dosh Are You/ Or Did You Take?

Guest neil smith

Guest neil smith

Hi guys,

As there are great people from all walks of life on here, I was just wondering how much you are hopeing on taking over when you go, or those lucky people who are already out there how much did you take, and how have you managed on it???

Guest Stu:0

Im an electrician and missus a nurse. Renting the house out over here so havent got the proffit from that but taking about 10 grand but we are both straight into work when we get there.

Stu

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi guys,

As there are great people from all walks of life on here, I was just wondering how much you are hopeing on taking over when you go, or those lucky people who are already out there how much did you take, and how have you managed on it???

Hi Neil

we are already here. We had profit from sale of property but bought $20,000 cash with us when we came, all declared on arrivel and then withdrew UK money from UK bank as needed. We just wanted enough to buy a car and get us started on rent.

Guest nev_n_angie
Hi guys,

We have already sent over the proceeds from House sale - if you already have some money to go - it's worth looking at the exchange rates etc and send it before!

Guest The.Colebecks

If all goes to plan, about £300,000 - that amount all depends on what we get for the house tho

• 3 months later...

Hi we are moving to Melbourne and hoping to take £20,000 maybe slightly more depends what we can save in the next year. No jobs to go to as yet. Just going to cross fingers that at least one of us gets a job quite quick.

Chelle, its obviosly a little less pressure if you have enough to buy a house outright as you dont have to worry about repayments on a mortgage ,so dont have to stryggle to get the best wages or a full time job.Plenty of people move here with not much and make a go and are happy,in fact i think the majority dont have enough to buy a house outright and theyre not all coming back are they?????

Cal x

Guest angela m

Re money

I'm not in Oz, (yet) but I send a fair bit of money to Spain via the internet, Moneybookers are very good and I think that my boss uses HFIX. You will get above the going rate that you would get if you changed it at say the Marks and Sparks - whose rates are pretty good at the mo.

I also sent some money via my Alliance and Leicester bank some years ago and depending on how much you are sending you can get higher than normal rates, (international rates) but they charge a fair bit to carry out the transactions, so I now tend to stick to my internet brokers.

Angela:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oz migration

Hi Neil

This really depends on your situation when you arrive :

How many of you and their needs

Your work and when you start

How long you intend to be without any income

Buffer - rainy day and get 'out-of-dodge' fund

the above will heavily influence your 'burn up' rate. I will typically recommend to people to have around $100 K + behind them in the event of problems (loosing their job or not finding one as quickly, changing States etc).

Everyone is different, but that is just a 'bench-mark'

Regards

Chris

Guest oz migration

Hi Neil

This really depends on your situation when you arrive :

How many of you and their needs

Your work and when you start

How long you intend to be without any income

Buffer - rainy day and get 'out-of-dodge' fund

the above will heavily influence your 'burn up' rate. I will typically recommend to people to have around $100 K + behind them in the event of problems (loosing their job or not finding one as quickly, changing States etc).

Everyone is different, but that is just a 'bench-mark'

Regards

Chris

Archived