pregnant while applying

Guest Stu

Can anyone help.

Me and my wife are starting the process of applying for a visa. We have downloaded the information booklets and are staring to collate the required info. My Wife however is 4 months pregnant. Does anyone know how this will affect the application as she will not be able to have a X-Ray medical until she gives birth?

Cheers

Stu

• 3 weeks later...

We applied back in Nov 02 and my wife fell pregnant in sept 03. I informed the DIMA in writing. Expectant mothers can not have an routine X-Ray so the allpication is then effectively frozen for the term of the pregnancy. The DIMA then sent out an addtional medical form a couple of months prior to the due date. Our daughter was then added to the application at no cost (other than the medical fee). You need to get a birth certificate and then a passport pronto (our daughter had a passport at 4 days old!).

Guest Ian & Sarah
We applied back in Nov 02 and my wife fell pregnant in sept 03. I informed the DIMA in writing. Expectant mothers can not have an routine X-Ray so the allpication is then effectively frozen for the term of the pregnancy. The DIMA then sent out an addtional medical form a couple of months prior to the due date. Our daughter was then added to the application at no cost (other than the medical fee). You need to get a birth certificate and then a passport pronto (our daughter had a passport at 4 days old!).

Flip-side of the coin for us - we're pregnant but I'm the Aussie so no need for medical etc.....do you think they'll freeze the application for us until the baby's born?

I've contacted the London office to find out as hubby is due for his medical on Dec 9th and we'd hate to see it as a waste of time if we have to end up re-submitting another one next year (post the 12mth date).

Sarah

Archived