Citizenship test results

Guest JoanneHattersley

Well done Joanne. My OH did it last year just before the test came in. We turned up at the ceremony and noticed everyone carrying an official looking piece of paper. Asked OH where hers was and got a confused shrug. Went to register and turned out she wasn't even on the books for the ceremony. She was looking sheepish and confused by this stage. The nice immigration lady let us attend the ceremony anyway and then did her certificate for her the following Monday. Turns out we were 1 month too early for the ceremony :)

While expecting it to be quite routine, it was nice to see what it meant to some of the people there. Particularly for people from third world countries who had just secured a safer future for their families by becoming a citizen of one of the wealthy countries - something I guess we all take for granted.

Another highlight was one of the politicians speeches where he told everyone that Australia does not want you to forget your past and country of origin, but to bring all the good stuff with you to add to the richness of Australia. (He obviously phrased it better than that!) Even though not every Australian lives up to this ideal, it is nice to hear it expressed in an official capacity as a goal.

Guest cazbeckham

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DAUGHTER JOHATTS AND OUR SON IN LAW MARK FOR THEIR CITIZENSHIP ACCEPTANCE. LOOKING FOREWARD TO THE CEREMONY NOW - DO I NEED TO BUY A POSH FROCK AND A HAT hehehehe

Mum & Dad

Guest JoanneHattersley
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DAUGHTER JOHATTS AND OUR SON IN LAW MARK FOR THEIR CITIZENSHIP ACCEPTANCE. LOOKING FOREWARD TO THE CEREMONY NOW - DO I NEED TO BUY A POSH FROCK AND A HAT hehehehe

Mum & Dad

Nah, shorts, thongs and a stubbie! Mind you its going to be in WInter! Dig out the thermals!!! Oh yeah u havent acclimatised yet! LOL!

Archived