Question on MODL???

julzcary

I find it a bit strange that some professions/skills etc are on the Citical Skills List as revised (which I would assume that there are an acute shortage of those skills), but not on the MODL! Anyone know the reason for this? I know being on the critical skill list is priority (which I am fortunately), but not being on the MODL, it means I need to do the ITELS exam (and pass at level 7), to gain the extra points.

I see the MODL is 17/5/08, any prospect of that being updated imminently?

Thanks

Julie

Guest proud2beaussie

You should probably be happy that your job is still on the CSL as if it was not and only on the MODL then with the changes announced on Monday you would have faced a potentially very long wait for a visa so perhaps having to pass IELTS isn't that much of a hurdle in the context of others situations.

Yeh I know, I am thanks. Just concerned that I need to get the level 7 in all of the component, and if I cock up on one or more of the parts, gonna have to do it again. If my skill was also on the MODL, with the state sponsorship and the points from the MODL, I wouldn't have needed to do the english test. But alas, as you say, I'm probably in a better position than many.

Thanks again.

Julie

Guest proud2beaussie
Yeh I know, I am thanks. Just concerned that I need to get the level 7 in all of the component, and if I cock up on one or more of the parts, gonna have to do it again. If my skill was also on the MODL, with the state sponsorship and the points from the MODL, I wouldn't have needed to do the english test. But alas, as you say, I'm probably in a better position than many.

Thanks again.

Julie

I'm sure you will "walk it in" as they say!Though I must say I do find it strange that someone who (presumably in your case) speaks English as their mother tongue has to go through a test system which as I understand it is basically designed to assess the level of understanding of English for non English speaking persons,but them's the breaks as they say and you just gotta roll with the flow.

Good Luck with it,I'm sure you will be fine.

Archived