Concern over state sponsorships?

l1sa

Hi folks

Now please forgive me, for I am just thinking out loud here...

Following the CSL cuts, which feasibly puts hundreds maybe thousands of us wannabies in a quandary of what to do next. Nobody wants to be faced with the possibility of their dream being turned down, so we research and decide what is the next best course of action. So it appears that for many, the next option is to try and apply for state sponsorship. All well and good!! But here is where it may all fall flat! If all of us thousands now apply for State Sponsorship, there is a posibility that the individual states could be totally inundated with requests, thereby slowing the procedure right down, they could also panic and shut that avenue down altogether (again, please don't take any of what I'm saying as fact...I am just trying to clear my own head of confusion!). But if that doesn't happen and many of us manage to gain state sponsorship, that would then add hundreds possibly thousands of extra cases to the so-called priority processing line, again thereby slowing the WHOLE visa system down even more, until we are back to where we all started before the cuts happened.

Of course then it boils down to how many of us are actually ready to be priority processed immediately?? I mean, are you ready to migrate to Australia now? house sold? goods ready for shipping, living at rellies houses? Suitcases packed? Or is it that we just want the visa in our pocket. We're not ready to use it yet, but its better in our pocket than in someone esles??

Am I making any sense here?? because I don't know about you, but my brain is having trouble processing all this new info!!:wacko: Do you know what this reminds me of... do you all remember the Petrol protests!!??..and people going out panic buying?! Rings a bell doesn't it!

I'm not really sure what my point of this post is really, other than to say calm down, (and I'm talking to myself here!!) Don't panic, sometimes its better to ride with the storm than to fight against it.

Good luck to everyone and lets all pray for a Global pick up!!

Lisa

X

Hi Lisa,

Thats the right approach!! Lets keep calm. There is no point jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Remember if you go over and cant get work your not entitled to anything.

People have been on the radio in the last few weeks, saying they went over on a skilled visa and couldnt get work and had to return. They felt ripped of that they had spent all this money and felt the oz government shouldnt be giving visas if there was no work!!!!

I have a house to sell etc, so will just keep doing what Im doing and hope for recovery globally.

I love Australia, and want to get there desperately, but I want to time it right so we have the best chance. Kids to think of this time.

Its not a closed door, its just a temporary stay due to this bloody recession!!!

I know the feeling that your life is on hold believe me, but it might be a blessing in disguise.

I would prefer to be delayed than go over too early and not be able to get work and have to come home!!

Kind Regards

Caz

Archived