Melbourne Suburb Lanwarrin

Petals

Langwarrin is quite a large suburb on the eastern side of Frankston and is covered by the Frankston Council.

Its a leafy suburb with different size blocks of land from small to large acreage blocks. Its undulating land.

Wiki link Langwarrin, Victoria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has two shopping centres, one with a Coles Supermarket as anchor and another having a Safeway supermarket as achor. Barettas is the local drinking hole and my dd works part time there in the gaming room. I have not eaten there but understand from a friend that the meals are very nice.

Langwarrin is also close to the Karingal Shopping Centre in Frankston which is not bad for food shopping, two Safeway Supermarkets, cinemas, gym all the usual things that we need to keep our lives on track.

They have walks around Karingal in the mornings for those people who find it terrifying to walk outside :smile:

I go the physios in Langwarrin and they are excellent and I can always get an appointment.

There are several large medical practices in Langwarrin.

Dame Elizabeth Murdoch College is in Langwarrin formerly Langwarrin Secondary College and I know a couple of former students who liked the school.

There are primary schools, churches and catholic primary school.

Soccer club is large in Langwarrin. Tennis all sports are catered for.

Pindarra is a very nice estate in Langwarrin but I understand it has a covenant which runs with title to the land saying that people who live there are not allowed to have cats. So anyone interested in property on that estate would need to read all documents thoroughly to see that they are happy with the conditions.

Langwarrin is close to Frankston so a lot of people travel to the train station to access the CBD.

Hi

Thanks for the information, Langwarrin is one of the areas we are thinkning of moving too, could you tell me please how long it would take to get the beach from there and also how long to get into Melbourne?

Also if you think its a suitable area for an 11 year old?

We have two dogs? what will they chase if there are no cats - lol - just joking they are usually well behaved? is there any issue with dogs in that area that you know of

Many thanks

Claire

Depends whereabouts in Langwarrin you will live as its a sort of long suburbm but I would allow 20 mins to get to the beach.

To get to the city by train from Frankston I would allow an hour they do have some express trains in the peak hour. About 10 - 15 to get to the Frankston Station. Car parking there is very tight because so many people take the train.

Driving to the city about an hour depending on what time of day it is.

As the suburb has been established for about 30 years now there are older houses and newer ones so the population is diverse in age. Lots of young families and then families with older children and people whose families have flown the nest.

There is a lot of new housing in the area as well.

Archived