New version of Form 47SK!

Guest mickroo

Guest mickroo

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that as from today 2/11/05 DIMIA have changed Form 47SK(General Skilled). All applicants after today MUST use the new version available to download from the DIMIA website.

Good luck

Regards

Mick

TRA Granted

Main application lodged.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mandymoo

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that we sent our visa app off on 12th November, and was obviously concerned that we hadn't completed the updated form. I e-mailed the place in Adelaide, and they have confirmed that they will accept our application on the old form.

Thank god for that - didn't fancy completing yet another form!!!!!

Amanda

Guest mickroo

Hi All

Sorry if I put the wind up anybody with this post, the info was directly from my agent who told me to complete the new version of this form the day after I had posted my completed form on the old version to them (31/10/05).

I asked if I had to complete the entire form again but was told that only the signiture parts had to be re-signed and sent again due to the fact that the new form 47SK has fewer questions. It was only recently that I myself found out that DIMIA WILL except the old version bUT only for a limited time.

So my advice would still be to use the new down loadable version to avoid any problems with a cross over in using new and old versions.

P.S. Im not in any way connected to Oz immigration, just a sparky wanting to live the dream. Main application sent 2/11/05

Kind Regards

Mick

Guest snickers

P.S. Im not in any way connected to Oz immigration, just a sparky wanting to live the dream. Main application sent 2/11/05

Mick

Hello Mick,

Just a joke about the immigration thing !!

How easy did you find it getting your TRA approval??

I'm also an electrician(time served,16th edition,C&G 2391,NICEIC approved etc) but I'm a little bit worried that my qualifications wont amount to much in Australia?

Guest mickroo

Hi Snickers

I know you were only joking about the immigration thing.

The answer to your question is yes I found once that I had collated all the info on my employment history,training,skills,experience,etc ect. It all went through ok in about six weeks. I have lots of templates of the letters that I used if these are of any help let me know.

In regards to our qualifications being much use over in OZ I think other than gaining TRA recognition for regrading/issuing of a electrical licience there pretty un-transferable. But if anyone out there knows different please let us know!

How far into the process are you Snickers and where do you intend to live in OZ?

Keep in touch.

Kind Regards

Mick.

Guest snickers

hello Mickroo!

Really just started getting info on the place really and working out if Australia will want us!!!

Have talked to a couple of people regarding migration but found them to be more intrested in how much money they can make rather than what we want!!!

Spoke to one good guy though(Daryl Todd @ Thinking Australia) he seems to be on the level so I think we just need to start getting all our paperwork together and get the ball rolling!!

Do you or anyone else know anything good or bad about Daryl or Thinking Australia????????

With Regard to where we would go ,Were not sure yet.

We have friends in Perth and Sydney(North and only just gone!) but to be honest we thought that Victoria seemed really nice although its hard to tell from a computer screen!!

What about you ??????

Shane......

Guest mickroo

Hi Shane

Sorry but hav'nt heard about Daryl or Thinking Australia so cant comment on that. We are using an agency it's "Visa Bureau" there a little on the expensive side when compared to others but the service we have received has been excellent had lots of questions answered without parting with any money.

Where hoping to move out to Brisbane around Sept 2006 my nephew (who is also a spark) moved out there 4 years a go and loves it. He has never been short of work even when he toured Oz for 2 years. He is having a house built at the moment in the North Lake area north of Brisbane. Most construction trades if not all are very sort after by the Oz govenment.

If I can be of any help please let me know I'll try my best but its still all a learning curve for us too.

Kind Regards

Mick

Archived