Forms Update!

SOMV

From the DIAC website:

Expected changes 27 March 2009

Forms with essential changes (booklets and quite a few information documents have also been updated):

Essential change forms usually contain information about legislative changes or have been amended to reflect those changes. If you intend to use the current versions of one of these forms, it is important that you complete and lodge this form prior to 27 March 2009. Alternatively, please complete and lodge the new version of the form on or after 27 March 2009.

• 26 - Medical examination for an Australian visa
  • 47A - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over
  • 47BT - Application for a Business Skills (provisional) visa
  • 47BU - Application for a Business Skills (permanent) visa
  • 47CH - Application for migration to Australia by a child
  • 47ES - Application for employer sponsored migration to Australia
  • 47OF - Application for migration to Australia by other family members
  • 47PA - Application for a parent to migrate to Australia
  • 47PT - Application for migration to Australia by a Contributory Parent (Temporary) or Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa holder
  • 47SP - Application for migration to Australia by a partner
  • 47SV - Application for special migration to Australia
  • 48 - Application for Electronic Travel Authority eligible passport holders to visit Australia for tourism or other recreational activities (and other language versions of this form)
  • 48ME - Application to visit Australia for medical treatment (Class UB Medical Treatment)
  • 48R - Application for general tourists to visit Australia for tourism or other recreational activities (and other language versions of this form)
  • 48S - Application to visit Australia as a sponsored family visitor
  • 55 - Application for temporary residence sponsorship
  • 80 - Personal particulars for character assessment
  • 147 - Application for a temporary residence visa (non-business)
  • 148 - Sponsorship for Entertainment visas
  • 157A - Application for a student visa
  • 157G - Application for a Student Guardian visa
  • 157N - Nomination of a student guardian
  • 157P - Application for a student visa with permission to work
  • 160 - Radiological report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an Australian visa
  • 164 - Application for evidence of resident status in Australia
  • 424A - Request for access to documents or information
  • 424C - Request for amendment or annotation to personal records under the Freedom of Information Act 1982
  • 456 - Application for a Business (Short Stay) visa (for a stay of up to 3 months)
  • 601 - Application for further stay as a visitor
  • 852 - Application for a Confirmatory (Residence) visa
  • 866 - Application for a Protection (Class XA) visa
  • 876 - Application for transit visa for Australia (subclass 771)
  • 913 - Nomination for occupational training
  • 918 - Application for a subclass 445 (temporary) visa by a dependent child
  • 919 - Nomination of student dependants
  • 929 - Change of address and/or passport details
  • 993i - Safeguarding your personal information
  • 994i - Settlement information for migrants to Australia (and other language versions of this form)
  • 1002 - Application by a subclass 445 dependent child for a permanent partner visa
  • 1003 - Application for an emergency (temporary) visa
  • 1005 - Application for a bridging visa To replace a ceased bridging visa, to change bridging visa conditions, or to provide lawful status during judicial review
  • 1006 - Application for a Bridging visa B To seek permission to travel
  • 1008 - Application for Bridging visa E - subclass 050
  • 1066 - Application for a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa(subclass 457)
  • 1071i - Health requirement for permanent entry to Australia
  • 1085 - Application for a Resident Return visa (RRV) or placement evidence of an RRV
  • 1100 - State/Territory nomination
  • 1150 - Application for a Working Holiday visa
  • 1194 - Certification of immigration status
  • 1196 - Sponsoring overseas employees to work temporarily in Australia
  • 1221 - Additional personal particulars information
  • 1227 - Application for a Professional Development visa
  • 1235 - Application for sponsorship for Sponsored Business Visitors (short stay)
  • 1238 - Application for a Sponsored Business Visitor (short stay) visa (for a stay of up to 3 months)vided to a detainee about identification tests
  • 1249 - State/Territory Sponsorship: Investor Retirement visatifier by identification test under s.188 of the Migration Act 1958
  • 1273 - Application for a Maritime Crew (Temporary) visa
  • 1276 - Application for general skilled migration to Australia
  • 1292 - Referral for Complex Case Support (CCS)
  • 1359 - Request for international movement records
  • 1364 - Application for a Resolution of Status (subclass 851) visa
  • 1365 - Application for a Superyacht Crew (Temporary) (subclass 488) visa

Cheers,

Veronika

Guest bentkitty

Veronika, thanks for this post, I had no idea! I am due to have my medicals done on Saturday (21 March), and I have just filled out the current form of the medical forms but I note that they are on the list of forms with updates from 27 March. Surely I should be able to go ahead and have my medical on 21 March using the old form, as an alternative is not available? I don't know if the medicals would arrive at the processing centre in time for 27 March. ALso depends on the definition on 'lodging' - the front page of the form clearly states the document becomes the property of Australian government from the day of the medical exam so I assume it would be ok to use the old form? What do you think??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TyncByday

Hello!I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like PomsInOz.com Forum is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "http://www.pomsinoz.com" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Archived