shippers

Guest gary n

Guest gary n

I would like to share my experiance with you regarding shippers.

I like the usual lot got the big 6 companies to quote for removal of furniture from Leeds (west yorkshire) to Mandurah (perth). Most of them were all around the same price within a couple of hundred quid, but the company i used came in a lot cheaper. And they all came in with around the same measure 1290 cuft (which is a 20ft container plus groupage) Do i use them i thought ? well all i can say is that from the very start (salesman) to the container driving away that they were fantastic and couldnt fault them at all.

There was a delay between the exchange in contracts on my house, so we had to keep moving the move date, again this wasnt a problem to them. The move manager kept ringing me every couple of days to see if everything was ok. Having eventually secured an exchange i rang them to arrange a date, the came the following day. A team of 3 packers came on the first day and took the stress out of it all for us. On the third day the container arrived and within 3 hours they had managed to load it up, but what pleased me more was the fact that they managed to fit everthing (with some excellent packing i may say) into the one container, which saved me even more money.

So i would like to say a massive thankyou to Robinsons international shippers of Manchester, Mathew the move manager (who called me every day the packers were here) and all your helpful and polite staff.

If anybody would like to PM me for further info i would be happy to help. (i may take a while replying as we fly out on saturday the 14th March)

Guest snow white
I would like to share my experiance with you regarding shippers.

I like the usual lot got the big 6 companies to quote for removal of furniture from Leeds (west yorkshire) to Mandurah (perth). Most of them were all around the same price within a couple of hundred quid, but the company i used came in a lot cheaper. And they all came in with around the same measure 1290 cuft (which is a 20ft container plus groupage) Do i use them i thought ? well all i can say is that from the very start (salesman) to the container driving away that they were fantastic and couldnt fault them at all.

There was a delay between the exchange in contracts on my house, so we had to keep moving the move date, again this wasnt a problem to them. The move manager kept ringing me every couple of days to see if everything was ok. Having eventually secured an exchange i rang them to arrange a date, the came the following day. A team of 3 packers came on the first day and took the stress out of it all for us. On the third day the container arrived and within 3 hours they had managed to load it up, but what pleased me more was the fact that they managed to fit everthing (with some excellent packing i may say) into the one container, which saved me even more money.

So i would like to say a massive thankyou to Robinsons international shippers of Manchester, Mathew the move manager (who called me every day the packers were here) and all your helpful and polite staff.

If anybody would like to PM me for further info i would be happy to help. (i may take a while replying as we fly out on saturday the 14th March)

nice to hear a good story and a good review on the shippers you used all the best with your new life in oz

lesley x

Guest emma cant wait to go!

Hi!

Glad to hear you have had a great experience so far and i wish you all the best for your new start!....However.....We also used Robinsons Int and our story is not quite so successful i'm sorry to say!

We also were impressed by the quote and efficiancy and friendly nature of the team and decided to use Robinsons. We only had a small amount of furniture to ship as we had sold and were living in rented property for a few months prior to emigrating and so had sold alot with our house. The items we were bringing however were either expensive, new or sentimental, and the children had quite a bit too!

All went brilliant on the day of pack, 3 men who were great and we fed & watered them all day and at the end gave a case of beer and a rather nice tip! as we were impressed!

We only had 5 days after packing before we flew so things could have been pretty hectic!

We waved goodbye and that was it, or so we thought, until the next day, when we received a call from Robinsons to say that our belongings totalled more space than estimated and we owed another 750 pounds!! Gob smacked with no choice we had to pay, and we have since found out that this is a scam with some companies to get your business, they under estimate, pack and then sting you!

Ok so we recovered ...... until our container arrived this end!! We agreed to accept delivery on xmas eve!! sooo excited!!! all our christmas's at once!! (after 3 months without!) but when it arrived the atmosphere soon changed to sadness, soooo many breakages!!!

The guys this end were brilliant, very supportive and helpful and concerned. However some things you cant put a price on, and i'm gutted! We had insured but even thats not always worth the paper its written on! Our dining table is not repairable, and we have expert quotes saying just that, but Robinsons say that because it can still be "used" they won't give us the full value of replacement!!

I could go and on, but i wont, i'm sure you all get the picture..... Just be careful, just because they seem nice doesn't mean they are, and what is your pride and joy, might just be junk to the packers/removers!!!

Good luck !!!!

Emma xxxxx

Guest gary n

sorry to hear about your bad experiance with them, regarding the extra cost, i clarified it with them and even put it in writing on the agreement that we would not be paying for any extra space required other than that they had quoted. they agreed to this, lucky for us they over estimated anyway

Archived