How long to recover??

emmaroo

During the last UK recession i was a carefree teenager so did not really pay much attention but now as a homeowner and trying to sell i would like to know roughly folks think it will take the UK to recover from this reccesion.

Thanks

Emma

Hi Emma i would like to know this to, i was a little bit older than a teenager in the last recession, but my partner and i had both got quite good jobs and no children to think about, where now it is a whole new ball game. I can't see it picking up this year, theres just so much uncertainty, i'm now in the process of changing estate agents and the lady who i spoke to yesterday said houses are likely to drop by another 10%, so thats really put a downer on my weekend.

Lets hope someone can give us both a positive answer

Tania X

Guest paulacox

Hi Tania

Our EA told us that things are moving slowly, and its the best time of year now to sell when people start to look for a new house around easter. As you know we are in the same boat as you. Got to keep our fingers and toes crossed that we both sell our houses soon

Paula

Guest fatpom
During the last UK recession i was a carefree teenager so did not really pay much attention but now as a homeowner and trying to sell i would like to know roughly folks think it will take the UK to recover from this reccesion.

Thanks

Emma

I've been through two recessions in the UK. Only thing is I never recognised the "good bit" in between those two recessions? :smile:

I wouldn't let the recessionary times worry you. This recession could last one year or ten years?

With housing you simply have to be realistic. A house is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Only those stuck in negative equity lose money and then only if they have to sell now. Everyone else gets some return on their investment. If prices are rising its difficult because the "step up" gets more expensive. If prices are falling, the step up gets cheaper but people seem to think they've "lost money"? :smile:

I think its better to think of it in terms of the cost of a roof over your head and how that cost effects your disposable income.

Archived