Qualification compatability??

Guest Jo/Ray@westcliffRugby

Can anyone help?

I am a beauty therapist and want to know if my NVQ 2 beauty certificate is compatabile with qualifications in Australia. I am currently studying for my NVQ 3 in middle of exams at moment. :arghh: !!!! I am also presently working in a spa/beauty salon in the UK as well as working for myself. I want to continue my career in Australia, otherwise it will be a waste the past thee years of studying for a career I am very much enjoying. I am very reluctant to give it all up. I have searched high and low and have contacted Beauty Colleges in Australia but to no avail or response :confused:

Joanna

Hi Jo,

Sorry cant really answer your question but didnt want to leave it unanswered. I have a nail tech qualification which was gain privately and was hoping to use it in oz. Were you asking as to whether you could go in on Beauty or you have another way in and wanted to do that when you got there??

It might be worth looking on the Oz job sites www.seek.com.au and see if any jobs of that discription available and email to say you will be arriving in "date" and would they accept your NVQ qualification etc. Might give you the answer.

Good Luck

Em x

Hello Em

I looked on your suggested website, thank you. I didn't know but my hubby had already registered with this particular website for his own line of work!! It is a very good website and after much searching found what I think I have been looking for. It appears that the UK NVQ 2&3 are similar to their diploma in Beauty. I have contacted another Beauty College in Brisbane to see if they can confirm this?

Our new life in Oz depends on wether my other half can get a sponsored visa. He'll 45 this year and isn't on the required skills list (even though he has a very good job in UK) means a permenant visa is out of the questions - but suprised how many agents have said its possible, am very sceptical think they just want the money.

Thank you for your response it was a big help.

Regards

Jo

Hi Jo,

Find and agent that will offer you some free advice any of the good ones will, Tony (welshtone) who posts on here as been assisting me via email. You should be able to send cv's for them to look at and they can advise you the best course of action to take. Any good agent will tell you if you have a chance or not before taking your money. I know lots of people on here have used the visa burea, I have been corresponding with theozlife as my friends used them and they are going 9th April.

People are really helpful here so might be worth posting your hubbys situation, age, job etc in migration issues and someone else could give you bit more advice.

Good Luck

Em x

Hello,

Off top of my head it equates with Oz Cert III/NVQ2 and Dip/NVQ3.

Without knowing what you want to do, your existing study should be no problem re recognition, and to get skills assessment your experience woud seem to be enough.

For now, those graduating with equivalent in Oz and training hours from colleges get +ve assessments, we have a Hungarian woman making a small fortune in Sydney servicing the Central European community near Bondi...

If you want me to find out exactly how the qualifications equate to, or show you an outline of similar Oz programme, let me know as we have Oz college partners in this area (could probably find a live person)

Cheers Andrew

Cert IV WPA, B. Bus., Grad Dip Ed. & Training, M. Ed.

http://www.aiec.biz

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your help and response. Does look positive the only down side is that I have less than a years salon experience so would be very interested in getting as much information as possible. We are hoping to be living in Brisbane but this soley depends on what success my husband has in getting work there.

Thanks Again

Joanna

Guest cosworth123

hi everyone

i just want to get some people advice on what to do i droped out of school early as we have moved to melbourne so didnt take my gcse so i dotn have any grades/qaulifications im not sure what to do !!! do you think i will need grades to help me get a job in a office etc as i no i could get a job in the building game tomorow but i dont really like to messy and dirty .so i was thinking do i go back to schoolcan i ?? or take the firther educcation programe taf i belive it is called or do i go find a job. Do you think i will have trouble trying to find a job with out grades etc is there any one in the the same situation because being 16 nearly 17 there isnt many jobs you can go into a business and be high up well no business i no that you start at the bottom and work your way up does any one no any jobs that maybe a good option for me im ratehr confused ??? thanks josh

Archived