Medical

Guest nattie

Guest nattie

Know this post might have been done before but , can't find it.

Do you have to go to one of the Australian Immigration approved Medical places or are you allowed to go to your own?

Also how long after you have had your medical, does it take to know the result?

Thaks nat

Guest FiremanMart
Thanks, When you ring do you get an appointment straight away or you have to wait a couple of weeks for one?

Nattie,

We were instructed on Wednesday that we should book our Meds etc. You have to undergo the Chest X-Ray first before seeing the Panel Doctor. We managed to get a booking for our family of 4 to have our X-Rays this Monday !! We then have to wait until April 2nd for our appointment with the Panel Doctor.

We have been quoted £88 each for the X-Ray's & £120 per Adult for the Medical and £70 each for the kid's.

I guess it all depends on how busy the Doc is but it is worth ringing around, you may find the dates vary as much as the cost. It was worth us travelling a little further to save £50 each on the Meds.

Good luck !

Guest nattie
Nattie,

We were instructed on Wednesday that we should book our Meds etc. You have to undergo the Chest X-Ray first before seeing the Panel Doctor. We managed to get a booking for our family of 4 to have our X-Rays this Monday !! We then have to wait until April 2nd for our appointment with the Panel Doctor.

We have been quoted £88 each for the X-Ray's & £120 per Adult for the Medical and £70 each for the kid's.

I guess it all depends on how busy the Doc is but it is worth ringing around, you may find the dates vary as much as the cost. It was worth us travelling a little further to save £50 each on the Meds.

Good luck !

How come you have to go for the Xray first?. Ringing tomorrow (Monday) to book an appointment, hopefully i will get one soon.

Are you able to go for the medicals before you even put in your visa application?. What are done with them while you submit your visa ?

The nearest place to me that the immigration accept is Huddersfield, any one had experience of this place?.

Guest pippycol

Hello we had our medicals first then went from the docs to the x-ray. the x-rays were then forwarded to the doc and we haeard from him about a week later to say everything seemed ok and he was sending the forms off.

COL& PIP

Guest FiremanMart
How come you have to go for the Xray first?. Ringing tomorrow (Monday) to book an appointment, hopefully i will get one soon.

Are you able to go for the medicals before you even put in your visa application?. What are done with them while you submit your visa ?

The nearest place to me that the immigration accept is Huddersfield, any one had experience of this place?.

Nattie,

Can't help with the choice of Panel Dr but we were advised by the Panel Doctor that we had to have the X-Ray first, not sure why.

You would be unwise to undergo a medical before submitting your Visa due to the fact that:

1) It can be expensive - so be sure that you qualify first. You will not be requested to provide Meds etc. if you do not qualify in principal

2) The Meds have to be dated less than 90 days old when you send them in

3) Your entry date into Oz (to validate your visa) will be within 12 months of the date of either your Meds or your Police Check - whichever is the oldest

4) The Doctor has to send the documents in on your behalf. If they arrive without the relevant case number etc. on them, they may disappear into the oblivion.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

If you get the x-ray done first, it enables the Panel Doctor to reassure you if all is well with your lungs. If all is not well with your lungs, it enables the PD to explain the potential problem and to advise you about what to do...

Cheers

Gill

Guest nattie
Nattie,

Can't help with the choice of Panel Dr but we were advised by the Panel Doctor that we had to have the X-Ray first, not sure why.

You would be unwise to undergo a medical before submitting your Visa due to the fact that:

1) It can be expensive - so be sure that you qualify first. You will not be requested to provide Meds etc. if you do not qualify in principal

2) The Meds have to be dated less than 90 days old when you send them in

3) Your entry date into Oz (to validate your visa) will be within 12 months of the date of either your Meds or your Police Check - whichever is the oldest

4) The Doctor has to send the documents in on your behalf. If they arrive without the relevant case number etc. on them, they may disappear into the oblivion.

Cheers for the advice, i did know you had to put a number on the med form but was unsure what the number was, now i know it's the case number. You saying i might not have to have a medical.

I am going for the Prospective marrige visa, is the medical part all the same for all the visas?

Do they send you for the medical ?, doesn't it matter that it states in the evidence part of the visa that you need the medical forms in the vias application?.

Guest kimdownie

Hi Nattie,

DONT get any medical or police checks done until you have passed your skills assessments and have at least had your visa application acknowledged, as they are only valid for one year and you will have to get them done again at additional cost to you if they expire. The guidelines used to say Dont get medicals done until your case officer tells you to, I believe this has changed recently but not enough to say get them done before applying for your visa is applied for.

Kim

Guest Nicki Kefford

Hi Nattie, I agree with Kim, make sure you have all the main bits ack first and be told when to go for the meds. we had ours done on Thurs last week and had the whole lot- -xrays, bloods, urine, meds etc, all done together and were there for two and a half hours; me, oh and two girls 11 and 9. They didn't have to have bloods done but the 11yr old had to have an xray too. Were told that the results will be sent in 14 days somjust waiting now.

Nicki

Guest nattie

Hi kim, am not going for a Skilled visa am going for the prospective marrige visa. We have most of the things ready.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nattie

I am not 100% sure but I think the drill is that when the visa is being processed in London (which I think the prospective spouse visa may be) they encourage you to frontload the meds and police checks because the spouse and prospective marriage visas are very fast-track, supposedly.

Having said that, though, please see this thread because it doesn't sound to me as if London is being particularly fast-track at the minute:

http://gomatildaforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1066053782/m/9571068622

Best wishes and I hope the visa-process will be very smooth & swift for you.

Cheers

Gill

Guest nattie
Hi Nattie

I am not 100% sure but I think the drill is that when the visa is being processed in London (which I think the prospective spouse visa may be) they encourage you to frontload the meds and police checks because the spouse and prospective marriage visas are very fast-track, supposedly.

Having said that, though, please see this thread because it doesn't sound to me as if London is being particularly fast-track at the minute:

http://gomatildaforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1066053782/m/9571068622

Best wishes and I hope the visa-process will be very smooth & swift for you.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks for the website above was really helpfull :)

Archived