Qualifications

briggs

Guest Gollywobbler
Does anyone know, if the Vetassese Skills Assessment Authority uses the below website to compare UK to Australian qualification please? I have an NVQ 4, which i studied part time.

Offshore qualifications vs Aus standards - Country specific information - how does your qualification compare to the Australian qualification ?

Thank you

Hi Briggs

The short answer is, "most definitely not" because you have posted the link to the ASA website. ASA are a firm of private practitioner migration agents in Perth, one of hundreds of similar firms dotted around Perth and WA.

Vetassess refer to the Country Education Profile for the UK, which is an official Government compilation. The CEP is not available on-line unless you buy the subscription for the UK:

https://aei.gov.au/AEI/QualificationsRecognition/CountryEducationProfiles/Default.htm

Whether or not it would be worth paying £45 or whatever it costs depends on whether you would understand the CEP once you open it up. Most people find it quicker and more reliable just to explain the whole thing to Vetassess informally and see what they say. They are usually very helpful.

I have the impression (though I am NOT sure) that if the UK Qualifications & Curriculum Authority are content to treat a UK NVQ qualification as being nationally recognised in the UK then it should be OK with Vetassess too, though for more exact information you would have to ask either Vetassess or a migration agent who has done a lot of work with Vetassess on behalf of clients with British qualifications.

The QCA website is here:

QCA

The QCA cannot tell you anything about how their accreditations interact with the Aussie CEP. That is a question for the Aussies. However the QCA are very helpful if you want to know about checking your British qualifications for British purposes - which might be a good place to start?

Have you asked any migration agents about your query? That would be another possibility but they would not do a detailed and thorough investigation for you for free.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Dolores

Hi Briggs,

We subscribed to the CEP a few weeks ago. It costs 45aud. It states level 4 NVQ is comparable to advanced diploma.(See below) I don't know if having studied it part time would make a difference

Good luck

Dolores

Section 3 – National Vocational Qualifications and Scottish Vocational Qualifications, United Kingdom

UK.jpg The Qualifications and Curriculum Authority is responsible for National Vocational Qualifications awards.

The Scottish Qualifications Authority is responsible for Scottish Vocational Qualification awards. Logos of these authorities appear on documents. Qualifications are assessed as follows:

No.

NVQ or SVQ qualification

Comparable to the educational level of the AQF qualification

Assessment notes

Level 3 qualification

Certificate IV

A

Level 4 qualification

Advanced Diploma

A, B

Level 5 qualification

Graduate Diploma

A, C

Assessment notes

[/url]
  1. The levels here are based on the original 5 levels in the framework. Guidelines do not apply to:
    • Certificates of Unit Credit - only completed programs
    • Other qualifications on the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority database

[*]Based on this qualification falling within revised National Qualifications Framework levels 4-6.

[*]Based on this qualification falling within revised National Qualifications Framework levels 7-8.

Archived