Barber - HELP!

miguelrg

Hey there guys, i posted several weeks ago as i was coming here to be with my girlfriend who upon a week into me being here decided she didn't want to be with me and didn't want the de facto visa.

So now im in the dilemma that i don't want to go home, i've read about barbers migrating here but everytime i ask people i hit a brick wall as its not on the SOL list and isn't same as hairdresser which is ridiculous? is like the only trade not on there.

So now i'm thinking about seeking sponsorship but not sure if that nominated position also has to be on the SOL list? or it just have to be any position an employer wants and i am qualified for?

i'v been a barber for 5 years, qualified on paper for 3.

i'm really stressing, i don't want to give up on my happiness because of a girl.

Thanks

Hey there, just had to re write all this haha.

I got here a week ago and my girlfriend has now broke up with me and we're not going ahead with the de-facto visa.

I am a qualified barber of 3 years although i've been cutting for 5.

everytime i ask about migrating , a barber is the only trade not on the SOL list, even though i've read about barbers migrating here.

So now im looking at sponsorship and was wondering, would it still have to be on the SOL list or is it for any job that i am qualified to fill?

i don't want to give up on my happiness because of a girl

Ta guys

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Miguel

Welcome to Poms in Oz. I have merged the two threads that you started in this section. The forum software does get there in the end but sometimes it is so slow that you think it has not accepted the data, I know.

Please see my reply to this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/55161-barber-needs-info.html

I think an employer sponsored temporary 457 visa might be your best bet for the time being because it can be arranged fairly quickly. However you would need a reasonably large employer:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

Sponsoring a Temporary Overseas Employee to Australia

Which visa do you have at the moment, please?

Best wishes

Gill

Archived