Passport Query

shazney64

My son passport has just over two years left on it. hoping to click send tonight wth the online visa. Can i renew it during the wait of the visa process or do i need to update it before? He has a holiday in July so wanted to do it after that.

Many thanks sharon

Hi, not sure if this helps but in the Australia and New Zealand magazine there is a migration checklist in it. Under the 12 months before you go list, one of the points says - make sure you have at least 2 years left on your passport.

Maybe this will help you work out when to re-new your son's passports.

:smile:

Guest proud2beaussie
My son passport has just over two years left on it. hoping to click send tonight wth the online visa. Can i renew it during the wait of the visa process or do i need to update it before? He has a holiday in July so wanted to do it after that.

Many thanks sharon

Hi Sharon,

If it's a UK passport you can actually renew it at anytime but they will only add a maximum of nine months to the expiry date.

Have a look for information here:

IPS

HTH

N'OZ

Edited to add that I have just had a look at the link I provided and it appears that I was wrong,for a child under 15 the will only renew it if it will expire in the next nine months,at least that's how I read this line"

Renewal of child passport

You can apply to renew your child’s passport if:

• their last passport was a standard 5-year child passport and

• you still have their last passport and

• it is not damaged and

• you do not need to change their name or national status

and

• their passport is full or

• it has run out or

• it will run out within the next nine months.

So perhaps best if you contact them.sorry to give you wrong information.

Many thanks sharon

Hi sharon

We were told by our agent to renew our youngest daughters passport as it had less than 2 years left to run..

Apparnetly DIAC like each passport to have a minimum of 2 years at grant of visa.

You will need to download form 929 for immi.gov.au to inform DIAC of new passport.

Previous poster is right regarding adding 9 months from old passport to new..

Goodluck

Archived