painter/decorator sponsor wanted please!!!!

davet19650

Hi to any painter and decorator bosses out there in perth.

i would like to hear from you if at all possible, into being a sponsor for me and my family to get to WA, 27 years in the trade, have my possitive skills assesment,

please please to anyone out there if you want a good p&d get in touch and i will send you a full CV

Many thanks

Dave

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dave

I have been chatting about this with one of our young members, Jackal, who is 30. Like you he is a painter & decorator. He has already submitted an application for a skilled 175 visa but in view of the 1st January 2009 changes he is now awaiting the outcome of a State Sponsorship application to WA.

Jackal was in Perth about a year ago and he knows quite a few people there. He has also been trying to get a job offer lined up. He says he has sent stacks of CVs but the employers are all saying, "Cone & see us when you get here."

My sister has lived in Perth for many years. Her house is now 9 years old and she wants it re-painted throughout. I mentioned Jackal to her and Elaine (sister) exclaimed, "Send him straight here when he arrives." She says it is impossible to get painters & decorators to come and do a one house contract. Seemingly they all want to paint schools or whatever but they do not want to be "jobbing contractors" doing one house at a time even though Elaine says that she and friends of hers are desperate to get the work done.

You might understand better than I do why there is this imbalance between what the homeowners want and what the contractors are prepared to do?

Best wishes

Gill

Archived