sat navs

chippy2

:twitcy:hi eveyone just after some info am returning back soon to good old england and was wondering if the sat nav i bougth here would work back home,is it worth taking it back or should i sell it here,it is a nav man if that helps any comment welcome:huh:

Guest The Pom Queen

It would probably work but you would need to find out if you can get the UK maps. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new unit than buy the maps.

Hi chippy2

Should be fine, you'd just need to purchase the Western Europe maps. Depending on what model of navman, will cost between £40 - £70 for the latest (2008) map.

It would probably work but you would need to find out if you can get the UK maps. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new unit than buy the maps.

thanks moving2melbourne not sure how to get the maps just thought it did it automatically,having a blonde moment :jiggy:

You can buy the maps here: 2008 Software and Maps

Depends on your model as to how the update is done.

The navman F10 is updated via dvd (so connect navman to pc & update via pc)

Navman F series can be updating by buying a memory card which contains the maps

Navman N series is updated via dvd (so connect navman to pc & update via pc)

Guest tim_the_taf

I just bought a Navman S80 Deluxe with full European mapping and traffic rerouting in Halfords for £120. Personally I wouldn't muck about with paying £70 for a DVD to upgrade an Aussie satnav unit, which probably doesn't have the traffic facility, because its linked to the UK's TMA system delivered via radio station signals.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Graham&kym

:notworthy:

I just bought a Navman S80 Deluxe with full European mapping and traffic rerouting in Halfords for £120. Personally I wouldn't muck about with paying £70 for a DVD to upgrade an Aussie satnav unit, which probably doesn't have the traffic facility, because its linked to the UK's TMA system delivered via radio station signals.

Why note ask it for a journey like ...Here....to some where in the Uk and see what it does>

Archived