any plasterers out there

Guest light drizzle

Guest light drizzle

hi Guys I was just wondering what the two difrrent types of plastering on the skills list are they have solid plastering and somthing I think means dry wall but Im not sure pluss is it the same over there where its easier to get work if you have a squad or can you get work on your own:confused:

Hi,

I moved to the Sunshine coast in November, I was also a bit confused at first.

I do suspended ceilings and partitions, never done any wet trade, but my TRA assessment classed me as a 'fibrous plasterer'. This covers all drywall linings aswell as ceilings.

The plasterers over here seem to be what we would refer to as tape and jointers, I have yet to see any full skimmed plaster walls. As I said, I have always done partitioning, but over here, you get people who frame the partitions, then sheeters to put on the boards and set it (tape and joint), they are plasterers.

There is also solid plasterers who do cement render etc, probably not what you are interested in.

Plasterers here lay the plasterboards horizontally, they claim its easier to set the joints, the boards also come in 6m lengths, yes 6m lengths!!!

If you are a plasterer back home and you can tape and joint, youre laughing, there is loads of work here both commercially and domestically so you wont be out of work unless you live somewhere really remote.

Hope that helps.

Rik

bring any evidence of courses undertaken in plastering, they are mental for bits of paper over here.

He would do well to do a bit of stud partition work as he will probably come across jobs where he's asked to board and maybe frame the wall before setting it.

He'll do alright over here if he can tape and joint, they dont seem to plaster walls as you we know it, its just filler.

Rik

Guest light drizzle

hi rik thanks for the message it seems I should be alright as living in northen Ireland have to be able to do everything you mentioned bits of paper might be aprob but I will figure it out thanks Jai

Archived