Dee Why - A few questions

Guest JuliaST

Guest JuliaST

Hi

We are in the process of seriously thinking of moving to Sydney and Dee Why/Curl Curl would be our preferred locations..... so I have a few questions for you all!

Mosquitos/Flies - are there any around?

Nurseries (we have an 8 month old) - are there some decent ones?

Schools - what are they like?Public/Private?

Area - is it friendly/safe? Is it family centered?

Property - Average rental p/w for a 4 bedroomed house? Average to buy price for the same. Have looked on realestate.com.au - just wanted an on the ground opinion! :wink:

Anything else we should consider?

Thanks everyone, this forum is fab!:notworthy:

Hi

We are in the process of seriously thinking of moving to Sydney and Dee Why/Curl Curl would be our preferred locations..... so I have a few questions for you all!

Mosquitos/Flies - are there any around?

Nurseries (we have an 8 month old) - are there some decent ones?

Schools - what are they like?Public/Private?

Area - is it friendly/safe? Is it family centered?

Property - Average rental p/w for a 4 bedroomed house? Average to buy price for the same. Have looked on realestate.com.au - just wanted an on the ground opinion! :wink:

Anything else we should consider?

Thanks everyone, this forum is fab!:notworthy:

hi there, lots of flies in dec-jan,lots of nursuries and toddler groups,schools are good here,and property, we rent, live in a 4 bed house with pool and pay $800 a week,10 min bus ride from deewhy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davegoldy

I live in Dee Why & don't have many answers- the flied and mozzies don't really bother me.

Dee Why- It's a great place ! Very family orientaited and multi-cultural & lots of shops. We rent a 3 bed town house 5 mins walk from beach for $480 per week - the bargans are out there, just got to hunt them down! (ps look for houses on beach side of the pittwater road- u turns on this Rd at rush hour are a definaite no go!) Bus services to city are great from here too. Curl curl is beaut, but can be alittle cut off from public transport & shops tho.

Have a ball,

Dave

I live in Dee Why & don't have many answers- the flied and mozzies don't really bother me.

Dee Why- It's a great place ! Very family orientaited and multi-cultural & lots of shops. We rent a 3 bed town house 5 mins walk from beach for $480 per week - the bargans are out there, just got to hunt them down! (ps look for houses on beach side of the pittwater road- u turns on this Rd at rush hour are a definaite no go!) Bus services to city are great from here too. Curl curl is beaut, but can be alittle cut off from public transport & shops tho.

Have a ball,

Dave

I agree with dave, lots more going on in deewhy,close to public transport and shops and beach, and plenty of platgroups,and cafes.:rolleyes:

Their all hiding and don't want you to know Dee Why is lovely as you might push up the house prices..sshhh sshhh sneak in there and u will see how nice it is

• 4 weeks later...
Guest narrabeen

Agree with Dave, stay on the beach side, not only cause of the u-turn issue, the other side isnt that desirable (in comparison).......

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harry568

Hi, I just have a simple question (i'm new and it's probobly not on topic but) If you've lived in Dee Why like in the early 2000's or 90's and in Howard Ave there was like a former playland center or something there but theres apartments now (on top of video ezy) i'm puzzled about what it was called.

If anyone could help me out then i would be happy. Thanx (i've tried google and over an hour of researching).

Archived