Im not suitable.......

Guest blossom80

Guest blossom80

:no: ......for a visa, as I dont have a specific skill (im an HR administrator).

Just when I thought my hopes would be raised by doing something good for me and my daughter, yet again they've been dashed.

I dont have family (only friends) over there, I have no ties here.

Does ANYONE have any idea how of what I could do to get me to Oz?

I am happy to retrain in something, ANYTHING to get us there!!

Queensland is my dream

Sorry for the moan....:cry:

Guest lovediving

Nursing is in high demand. I am sorry that you are so dissapointed.

:no: ......for a visa, as I dont have a specific skill (im an HR administrator).

Just when I thought my hopes would be raised by doing something good for me and my daughter, yet again they've been dashed.

I dont have family (only friends) over there, I have no ties here.

Does ANYONE have any idea how of what I could do to get me to Oz?

I am happy to retrain in something, ANYTHING to get us there!!

Queensland is my dream

Sorry for the moan....:cry:

It is possible you could study for your CIPD? Will take 2-3 years - this is degree at managerial level and I'm sure HR Manager is on the skills list for Queensland. It is possible your current role could advance you to HR Assistant or Advisor which 'sounds' more senior than an Administrator.

Or do you have skills/experience to be a PA advancing to an Office Manager - again I think Office Manager is on the skill list for Queensland.

Just a few ideas...good luck

Paul (39), Cheryl (35), James (18) & Francis (13)

Submitted to AIM by post - 19 Dec 08

AIM acknowledged receipt by email - 5 Jan 09

Further info requested by email - 21 Jan 09

Submitted further information via email - 23 Jan 09

AIM acknowledged receipt - 27 Jan 09

Email received from AIM with positive result – 9 Feb 09 (letter dated 4th)

Regional sponsorship form posted to Queensland Government – 9 Feb 09

Email from QG confirming receipt and aim to give result in 3 weeks – 18 Feb 09

Guest blossom80

It is possible (if I did it from home say) but working p/t for the company at the moment they arent willing to help as im not deemed important enough with in the hierarcy, from what I can understand. I asked if I would be suitable during my interview, and have been there 14 months now, nothing else has come to light.

I have done PA work before and I know im damn good at my job, just not good enough for Oz. I have only spoken to one agent. Do you think If I spoke to some more they may be able to see another way in???

Sorry to put such a disheartening post

Guest blossom80

Its an idea, but if I retrain it doesnt always mean that that skill will be suitable by the time im qualified/experience does it????

Guest annemarie and brian

how about looking into doing your studying in oz? at one of there university

and then at least your there and then maybe once qualified you can apply for

permanent residence not sure how it works maybe talk to an agent.

annemarie

Guest blossom80
how about looking into doing your studying in oz? at one of there university

and then at least your there and then maybe once qualified you can apply for

permanent residence not sure how it works maybe talk to an agent.

annemarie

Would that be possible with me being a single parent? I need the security for her, staying here and studying would be better for her in that respect. but its something to look in to. Thanks xx:wubclub:

AnnMarie and Brian - good idea.

blossom80 - I would consider looking at other skills on the list and see if you can fit into any skills. I doubt asking another agent will give you a different answer but another may offer you some solutions.

Maybe worth an email to GoMatilda and asking their advice?

Another way of doing it is to see what trade type jobs (cookery, hair stylist, carer) are currently in high demand on the job search engines. Pick five that won't take a lifetime of studies. Check if they then appear on the Vocational Occupation List. Ensure you know what certification studies are required, if they it will be accepted in Oz and once completed that you will pass the skilled migration test. Obviously the risk is that the job requirements may change - but just go and do it.

Sorry cannot really help but good luck

Guest littlesarah

Hi Blossom

I don't wish to tell you what to do, but thought I'd share with you my knowledge of workin gin health care.

Pretty much all of the health professions are in very short supply at the moment, and the predictions are that most of them won't fill the shortgage any time soon due to an aging population. This is true of Aus as well as UK. You could look at the possibility of doing any one of these - not just nursing, also midwifery, podiatry, etc. Some of these can be done part-time, & if you don't have A-levels an access course will usually suffice. The access course is 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time (around 16 hours perweek).

If you train in the UK you should get an NHS bursary, which may include help with costs of living. I know that some of the NHS bursaries have changed, but it'd be easy to find out on the internet I'm sure.

There will never be a guarantee that your newly-acquired skills will be in demand as you graduate, but I doubt that the skills gap will be addressed in the short-medium term (certainly in my profession, podiatry). However, bear in mind that any such career change could also improve your earning potential even if you didn't migrate! I have to say that I had problems securing permanent work when I first qualified in 1997, but since that initial blip have been continously employed for 10 years. We still struggle to recruit even newly-qualified podiatrists, so demand still seems to outstrip supply!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sarah

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

hi blossom a frend of a frend and all so a single parent is in oz on a student visa she just carnt work to many houres. so it can work for you good luck

Guest blossom80
Hi Blossom

I don't wish to tell you what to do, but thought I'd share with you my knowledge of workin gin health care.

Pretty much all of the health professions are in very short supply at the moment, and the predictions are that most of them won't fill the shortgage any time soon due to an aging population. This is true of Aus as well as UK. You could look at the possibility of doing any one of these - not just nursing, also midwifery, podiatry, etc. Some of these can be done part-time, & if you don't have A-levels an access course will usually suffice. The access course is 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time (around 16 hours perweek).

If you train in the UK you should get an NHS bursary, which may include help with costs of living. I know that some of the NHS bursaries have changed, but it'd be easy to find out on the internet I'm sure.

There will never be a guarantee that your newly-acquired skills will be in demand as you graduate, but I doubt that the skills gap will be addressed in the short-medium term (certainly in my profession, podiatry). However, bear in mind that any such career change could also improve your earning potential even if you didn't migrate! I have to say that I had problems securing permanent work when I first qualified in 1997, but since that initial blip have been continously employed for 10 years. We still struggle to recruit even newly-qualified podiatrists, so demand still seems to outstrip supply!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sarah

Thanks for your post Sarah, its interesting to read that Im not the only person to have these issues!

Im just finding it all a little bit hard to get my head round..... It will be a hard hard decision to make to know which skill to train for. ive never really had an ambition to be 'something' as such.

Ill get there eventually I just know it

Guest littlesarah

I really do feel for you, every day I'm so glad that I felt the need to train in podiatry - even on a bad day I know that I'm doing something I fundamentally enjoy.

It's a big decision for you to make, but I'm sure that with some research you'll find your way. You certainly seem determined enough!

I really hope it all works out for you - you know you can always turn to POI if you need any info &/or support.

Sarah

Guest Scamp1976

Keep in mind that just retraining won't get you there. They ask that you have 6+ years experience in most cases. And you need to prove that with employer references etc.

But then again I'm not a migration agent, just keep it in mind.

Guest littlesarah

I think that depends on what profession you're in, as well as what type of visa you're after.

For me, the Australasian Podiatry Council will register new graduates (although I have a feeling they have to sit an exam), but needed the bonus points additional work experience got me.

Of course, you could always try to meet an Aussie man & get in that way!!

S x

Guest blossom80

Of course, you could always try to meet an Aussie man & get in that way!!

S x

I had considered it!!! lol!!:laugh:

Or an nice (no baggage) bloke from here that does have a skill and wants to move there too!! lol!!:wubclub:

Guest littlesarah

If I find any suitable ones I'll send them your way! :radar:

Maybe I should forget a life of feet and legs and start an introductions agency instead! Or perhaps we need PIO 'would like to meet' forum! :wub:

Guest blossom80
Or perhaps we need PIO 'would like to meet' forum!

Now theres an idea!!! anyone else in??!!:biggrin:

Thanks for making today a better one Sarah, youve made me :biglaugh:

Guest littlesarah

Glad I could help. :hug:

My mother always told me that "things that are worth having are never easy to get". I think she meant qualifications, a decent job & the like though, not a visa that will take me to the other side of the world from her! (Bless her sweet little heart)

But I like that thought, it keeps me going when things seem too much trouble. Well, that & a mug of hot chocolate (or two)!

I'm sure you'll get there in the end. I only managed to achieve my goals by stubborness - that and quite a bit of blagging! :jiggy:

Best of luck

Sarah x

Archived