Cost of Education

Guest JRaj

My Wife and I are here on a 457 4 year working Visa. My daughter is almost 3.

If she was to start state primary school, how much would it cost? We currently live in Sydney.

We are thinking of moving to Brisbane, have they similiar costs?

Another question..... If we are to apply for permanent residency, would we stil have to pay for our childs education in either NSW/QLD?

Thanks

Jay

Hiya we are in Brisbane and my daughter is 3 ,4 in September,as she is too young for school she attends abc kindy 4 days a week ,like the uk costs arent cheap but as im on a low income centrelink contribute to 94% of costs which makes it viable to work.My son who is 8 attends state primary ,other than the purchase of uniform and books (approx$230)we pay a fee at the beggining of term of $30 towards any other art or cookery materials,im impressed by the efficency of teachers and standards set by the school,it is definately worth the money,not sure about different states,fees may vary a little but i hope this gives you the general idea

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SAINTHURLOCK
My Wife and I are here on a 457 4 year working Visa. My daughter is almost 3.

If she was to start state primary school, how much would it cost? We currently live in Sydney.

We are thinking of moving to Brisbane, have they similiar costs?

Another question..... If we are to apply for permanent residency, would we stil have to pay for our childs education in either NSW/QLD?

Thanks

Jay

hI Jay,

we are arriving in sydney in july on the same type of visa,my missus is hoping to work part time,was wondering how you have found daycare,costs etc. cheers paul

Archived