Subbuteo

Bladder

Call for any big kids!!!

We have been in Oz for 2yrs now, and I am just entering my mid-life crisis. I love it to bits here, but need someone to play with. I'm approaching 40 going on 7 or 8.

I have just got my subbuteo stuff out of a box which I brought over from UK (where it was also in a box for the previous 10 years), and I want to form either a mini league, or just a sociable games night. I know its a bit sad, but if this is the extent of my mid-life crisis, my missus will be dead chuffed! I've also got table tennis, darts, etc

I live on the Sunshine Coast, so if there is anyone nearby, or who doesn't mind travelling here, let me know.

Guest Mark and Sharon

hello,all my subbuteo is on its way out as we speak,forgot i had it until we went up in the loft to sort our stuff out to ship over.When it arrive`s i`ll get in touch we`re living in Palmwoods not far from you.

• 1 year later...
Guest cheekybob75

hi all, Subbuteo is alive in Australia, there are tournaments being organised in July in Sydney.

I have been putting this together for the last 12 months and trying to get people in contact with each other. I have compiled a database of players from 5 states & territories and have about 40 on the list. March 2010 saw the first FISTF tournament on these shores since 1995.

If anyone is keen, send me message and check out the subbuteo australia blog Subbuteo Table Football in Australia

cheers

Rob

• 4 months later...
hi all, Subbuteo is alive in Australia, there are tournaments being organised in July in Sydney.

I have been putting this together for the last 12 months and trying to get people in contact with each other. I have compiled a database of players from 5 states & territories and have about 40 on the list. March 2010 saw the first FISTF tournament on these shores since 1995.

If anyone is keen, send me message and check out the subbuteo australia blog Subbuteo Table Football in Australia

cheers

Rob

Some news from Western Australia

Robert Smith has been in contact with a sports store called the Football Emporium and he has managed to put set up a table in the middle of their shop. While he was there, he has been contacted by many people who used to live in the UK and used to have material. There was some really good feedback and Robert is now hoping to organise a league or cup to coincide with the world cup.

Rob, thanks for the web site ,this guy you mention above i got pally with a good few months ago ,he`s a great bloke and ive promised his i would lend him some of me football mementoes for his store ,he has a great set up ,and has a penalty comp for kids on a saturday ..........will go and see him soon to see his subbuteo set up, thanks again Rob..........this has made my day.....and thanks to Bladder for opening this thread...........:cool:........:hug:

Guest cheekybob75

hey Tony, i took down the display at football emporium about 3 weeks ago as there was no interest.

i took it up to the Shed Supporters Club AGM at the Northbridge Hotel to see if there was any interest - 3 people signed up.

I'm willing to set it back up again, but only if there are people who want to play.

do you know anyone?

Rob

hey Tony, i took down the display at football emporium about 3 weeks ago as there was no interest.

i took it up to the Shed Supporters Club AGM at the Northbridge Hotel to see if there was any interest - 3 people signed up.

I'm willing to set it back up again, but only if there are people who want to play.

do you know anyone?

Rob

Rob, ive not played for well over 30 yrs , rules probs changed too, did you get any good pics of the set up? would liked to have seen it , im gutted as during the world cup i went past the shop lots of times but didnt have the time to call in.......

Guest cheekybob75
Rob, ive not played for well over 30 yrs , rules probs changed too, did you get any good pics of the set up? would liked to have seen it , im gutted as during the world cup i went past the shop lots of times but didnt have the time to call in.......

Tony, the rules have changed a bit, but the equipment has got a lot better, figures slide better and chip the ball easier. I had a 20 year break and got back into it last June, when i went to Singapore. It was like i'd never been away. The social side of it is excellent, i have many new friends around the globe all with subbuteo in common.

I don't have any pics of the board from football emp. , Damien took the pics on the blog.

If you're up for a game, let me know as i reckon i could get 5 or 6 defs, if not more for a social night.

are you North or South of the City? I'm in Cockburn

Rob

Tony, the rules have changed a bit, but the equipment has got a lot better, figures slide better and chip the ball easier. I had a 20 year break and got back into it last June, when i went to Singapore. It was like i'd never been away. The social side of it is excellent, i have many new friends around the globe all with subbuteo in common.

I don't have any pics of the board from football emp. , Damien took the pics on the blog.

If you're up for a game, let me know as i reckon i could get 5 or 6 defs, if not more for a social night.

are you North or South of the City? I'm in Cockburn

Rob

Rob , we are SOR , i will call in on Damian soon ........i did atvertise his shop on another site but its on its last legs now ......but maybe this site will send some custom his way ...hope so .....and my name is Nick ........sorry tonyman just a made up thing .....lol

• 3 weeks later...
hey tony, i live in Perth, get in touch if you fancy a game?

hello cheeky Bob, i would love a game but my fingers and knuckles arnt quite what they use to be , its been almost 30 yrs since i took off my rings for a game , now if you set up a vets league then i may clean up my finger nails with a nail file .........:wink:

• 1 year later...
Guest vincentcop

I think you'd have a look at subbuteo-australia.blogspot.com/

I'm sure you'll love it!

waspa-circuit.blogspot.com/ could interest you, too as WASPA is trying to have subbuteo tournaments in Australia.

Contact me for details! (vincent.cop@rsca.com)

• 2 years later...

Archived