been back in the uk nearly three 3 weeks......

shellj

Guest tony and sheena
Would you still advise people to still to come out if on a low budget & with no job to go to ?

If the alternative is sitting in the UK on the dole struggling to pay their bills and facing repossession, with no chance of finding a job, then if their budget will get them here and allow them to get the basic things needed, yes.

If their budget is so low they can't afford to set themselves up, then probably not, it does take a lot of money to get started, school uniforms, phone, rental bond, car etc.

I wouldn't fancy coming here without the money for these things straight away!

Sheena

PS: Tony starts work tomorrow.

Guest Letasha

:hug:Thats a shame you have not had the best experience but at least when your old and wrinkly you'll be able to say "we gave it a shot" which a lot of my older rellies say they wish they had done. Hats off for givin it a go :notworthy: and good luck with your future x

Guest Celtic.H.
This is a ridiculous statement, I've just bought a new car for $10,000 prior to that bought a large car 6 year old for less than $8k.

Your either looking in the wrong places or not bargining enough!

Don't talk out of you rear,

second hand cars are over priced by far, new cars are relatively near the mark and some good deals around. Look in the quokka mate and do some maths. An equivalent vauxhall carlton in the UK 8 years old will cost you $500 -$750 and here a holden commodore (same trash) will cost you $9000 - $12000 thats £4-6K. It depends on what you want, I bought a subaru forrester for $10K equivalent in UK £1500.

Easy fixed,hold down the ALT key and at the same time type in (using the numeric keypad) 0163.hey presto £.

BTW,I also wish you good luck,shellj,and hope things work out better for you in the future,shame it didn't work in oz but at least you had a go at it,well done for that.

N'OZ

Don't work for me Niagel

Archived