Looking to rent East or NE of outer Melbourne

furkew

I was having a chat with my boss today in general about the bushfires, and the amount of houses lost in the fires (which has now exceeded 1800!) and it might be worth bearing in mind for new arrivals that the rental market could become pretty tight in the next 12 months due to the amount of people made homeless in the fires, and not having anything permanent apart from tents & village halls at the moment.

It will probably only really affect the north/north eastern outer areas of Melbourne, but it could filter more into the city as time goes on. The rental market is already extremely tight, and this will just add to the problem.

Just something else to bear in mind when planning the big move.

Talking with the family in our rental, they are being told by real estate agents that if they cant find something in the next week, the chance of finding a rental will be almost impossible. Banks are block booking rentals to provide accomodation for clients that have lost everything in the fires.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Paul

We have also heard this news, I think it is going to take a little longer to get people in to rentals in the NE Suburbs.

Kate

Archived