moving to avalon

Guest joe25

Hi guys im moving out to avalon in a few days and cant wait, i was just wondering what it is like out there? Im a 25 year old bloke, and im gona be living with my mate out there. Im well into bodybulding is there any good gyms apart from fitness first out this way? And how hard is it to get trains and buses into the city? Are there any lively bars or clubs locally and whats it like for women? Sorry for all the questinos just excited to find out whats in store for me when i get there.:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest tenquidder

Avalon is in the northern beaches area, which for my money is the most beautiful part of Sydney, especially if you like the beach lifestyle. However, it's not great for public transport to the city. There's no train service, and I suspect you're looking at a 45m to 1hr bus trip. Google the sydney buses web site and check out the timetable info. Lot's of good pubs, clubs in places like Palm Beach, Newport, Mona Vale, Dee Why, Manly. Can't hep with gym's. My guess would be that women make up about 50% of the population.

Cheers

Chris

Guest evalily

love to hear how you get on, been looking at avalon as a place to live when we finalise our move to oz. please keep us up to date on life there. good luck x

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys im moving out to avalon in a few days and cant wait, i was just wondering what it is like out there? Im a 25 year old bloke, and im gona be living with my mate out there. Im well into bodybulding is there any good gyms apart from fitness first out this way? And how hard is it to get trains and buses into the city? Are there any lively bars or clubs locally and whats it like for women? Sorry for all the questinos just excited to find out whats in store for me when i get there.:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Joe

I see your post was from back in February so you must be there now? We are down the road in Mona Vale, looked at Avalon but was a bit 'green' for me (the mozzies like my blood - looked at a place there one afternoon and was bitten to death!). Also felt a bit isolated. Went the the Mona Vale Hotel last Friday night - seems like a pretty good 'local' for us! Hope you've settled well wherever you are

Zoe xx

Guest cornishman

Hi Joe

My wife and I moved to Avalon two weeks ago and we are really enjoying it. I am really into my training and have been using the fitness first gym down in Mona Vale. It should have everything you need unless you are a serious weightlifter.

Are you in Avalon now?

Cheers

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
Guest narrabeen

Hey Zoe,

You need to hit the Newport Arms on a Sunday Lunch......beautiful spot, overlooking the bay, sun shining down, few beers, kids playground.....bliss....n a bus stop right outside......

Hi Joe

I see your post was from back in February so you must be there now? We are down the road in Mona Vale, looked at Avalon but was a bit 'green' for me (the mozzies like my blood - looked at a place there one afternoon and was bitten to death!). Also felt a bit isolated. Went the the Mona Vale Hotel last Friday night - seems like a pretty good 'local' for us! Hope you've settled well wherever you are

Zoe xx

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Zoe,

You need to hit the Newport Arms on a Sunday Lunch......beautiful spot, overlooking the bay, sun shining down, few beers, kids playground.....bliss....n a bus stop right outside......

Hi Narrabeen

We went to the Newport Arms on Easter Sunday - had a great lunch overlooking Pit****er then took the kids out kayaking and fishing from the other side! We've also had a lovely mid morning coffee at the Narrow Bean on your patch!

Thanks for the info!

Zoe xx

Hi Joe

Zoe xx

try iron tablets, when i gave blood i was told i had alot of iron in my blood and thats why the mozzies don't bite me. Not sure if its true but i don't get bit.

Guest narrabeen
Hi Narrabeen

We went to the Newport Arms on Easter Sunday - had a great lunch overlooking Pit****er then took the kids out kayaking and fishing from the other side! We've also had a lovely mid morning coffee at the Narrow Bean on your patch!

Thanks for the info!

Zoe xx

K next stop for you has got to be Chang Thai in Narrabeen, just before the bridge on the left-hand-side, theres a public car park just before. (there is also a thai on the monavale side of the bridge but IMO not a patch on it. Chang Thai, the best place to eat thai, you can eat in the back overlooking the lake. Then onwards to the Bluefish cafe, fab little lakeside cafe/restaurant (they have their own car park too. N for the bestest burgers ever, there is a wee cafe just opposite North Narrabeen playground - on the penninsula just south of the bridge........mmmmmmmm delish.........

Must go eat!!!!!!

Archived