carpenters in oz

chippy2

:hug:have been here nearly 6 months,have tried eveything but job market is terrible so hence going home end of march.like australia but feel like iam treat like a 2nd class citizen so dont feel like i would ever settle,got job offers back home which pay more than i could earn here even though the uk is in recession.just wanted to know if fellow chippys are doing well and felt the same,most aussie are great and dont mind been called a pom but do most of them know what it means as there the poms and we can always go back home:tongue:

Guest Working to fish

LOL ...............

sorry chippy 2

Idont help out on carpenters thread any more LMAO.

eddie:cool:

LOL ...............

sorry chippy 2

Idont help out on carpenters thread any more LMAO.

eddie:cool:

know what your saying eddie,felt the same,but still wondered if other peoples experiances differ,thought us chippys should stick together that i mean us chipys at this side of the world:biglaugh:

• 8 months later...
Guest skorps71

hi mate it is hard to get work .

i starte of with ****ty pay . but it gets better. but it takes time . to get to know people i`ve been here over here 3 years

and still find it hard . but i hear there is plenty work up north. and also in victoria so good luck

Guest The Pom Queen

There is lots of work here at the moment for carpenters and cabinet makers. Sorry that it doesn't help you, could you not try moving interstate though before giving in and heading back?

Kate

Archived