Plumber's Tradesperson's Licence

Guest cheryl

Guest cheryl

Hi there,

Wondered if anyone could tell me whether you can apply for a plumbers tradesperson's licence before you leave the UK.

Russ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ya Cheryl

l dont think you can, l've been trying to find out some info too.

You may have already looked at this site but if not see if this helps

www.workplace.gov.au

it looks like it gives the info our OH's need but l havent had a good look personally yet too bloody busy finishing house off!

Lyn

p.s. Good news bout Trisha eh! we must get together some time soon perhaps when all 3 of us have got our visas!

Guest cheryl

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for that website will take a look at it. Good luck with your house when you put it on the market, hope you have better luck than us our house been on market a month now only 2 people looked at it very frustrating. I feel really frustrated waiting for visa and someone to buy our house, think I have aged in the last month by 10 years.

Your right its great news about Trish and visa she said you been in touch, think great idea go for a big p... up, excuse the expression but thats what I will be doing.

Take care

Cheryl x

Sorry Cheryl, tis me again, and this goes for any others interested in this thread!

Think l am making some headway in working out what is required in respect of licences etc. Am waiting for a reply to an email and then l will post the info for all to see.

It seems to be an absolute mission trying to find out what has to be done particularly as each state seems to have its own rules and different avenues to go down.

We personally are looking at info re Queensland but will try and post info for other states too if l can. If anyone else has info could they advise too!

Lyn x

Guest cheryl

Cheers Lyn, really appreciated I have read about trade people going over to oz and have not found it very easy as in knowing which direction to go with regards to licences before you can actually start work. You would of thought it would be clear what is required of trades people as they have a shortage of them.

Perhaps all this information is staring us in the face somewhere on this wonderful computer!

Thanks again

Cheryl x

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi guys.

We have friends here.....he is a plumber. Applied for licensing course from UK at the local TAFE college back in august. Arrived here december...... Just had his interview for course last week!!!

You can work out here without license but you have to get your work signed off by someone with license.

What he has found is most plumbers out here are NOT licensed.....they take on newly qualified plumbers who have got license and let them sign off work.

Lesley

• 1 month later...

l received a reply to an email asking about licences and was advised that if you have formal trade qualifications you will be briefly assessed and issued with a provisional licence but additional studies at the local TAFE will need to be undertaken to gain a full licence.

The following site also has all the info needed for obtaining plumbers and drainers licences in Queensland which l hope will help

www.lgp.qld.gov.au/?id=50

The government workplace website also has links for other states

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Category/SchemesInitiatives/TRA/AustralianAccreditationLicensingandRegistrationContacts.htm

Lyn

Guest cheryl

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for info must say been reading posts on here recently about plumbers doesn't sound good, crap money its not fair they work bloody hard for their money! typical just when I thought I could give up work as well ha ha ha. Honestly though it does not seem straight forward obtaining this license and how long it seems before you can actually get it.

See you put your house on the market, hows it going? we have had no luck at all just not anyone round frustrating, we are off to oz Sat 2nd June for 10days to sort a few things out schools and validate our visas.

Take care

Cheryl x

Archived