Mountain creek or Kawana Waters ?

THORPES

Hi, we arrived in oz on Tuesday and are staying on the gold coast. We have realised its not for us and fell in love with the Sunshine Coast.

Can anyone recomend any nice areas on the Sunshine Coast. We have looked around Mountain Creek and Kawana Waters and like both areas. We have 2 boys who will be in high school and primary school. I dont drive as yet so will need to be within walking distance to schools.

Thanks

Jill

xxx

Guest helen & simon

Hi there,

We are living in Kawana Waters and have been here since November. Also have 2 boys (10 & 18). Youngest started at Kawana Waters School last week and absolutely loves it. Didn't really enjoy school in UK and I know it's early days but he seems so much happier and more confident. Plus major bonus school is within walking distance (very safe from where we are - only one section of main road - rest along lakesides). In fact most kids walk/bike to school alone/with friends. I think I may be redundant very shortly!

Having said that Mountain Creek also lovely area and have heard good reports about schools there too. Think that is probably a personal choice though and wouldn't advise one way or another.

PM me if you need any more info or maybe fancy getting together.

Helen

Hi

can i ask why you dont want to stay on the gold coast? We are due to move to Oz in Sept and we are trying to decide between Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. We quite liked Burleigh Heads in Gold Coast and Caloundra in Sunshine Coast. We are coming over to Oz on a fact finding mission in 3 weeks time so would be great to hear your views.

Allison

Hi thanks for the replies.

We have decided after looking around the gold coast that we are going to settle here. We love Pacific pines and there seems more jobs here.

OH had an interview on SC but there were no jobs available.

I just dont like the m1 motorway on GC.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carron

Its a personal preference but I live on and love the Sunshine Coast. i find the Gold Coast a bit soulless. We usually just visit the Gold Coast once every couple of years to take the kids to the theme parks.

Guest o2coffix001@optusnet.com.

Hi We relocated from Melbourne to Mountain Creek 2 months ago.My son who is 13 started Mountain Creek high school and the primary school is across the road. Mountain creek high school is 5 min walk from were I live and all the houses are around the school. The school has a big reputation for being a very good school but you need to be in the zone to get in. Let me know if you need any other questions answered.

Hi thanks for the replies.

We have decided after looking around the gold coast that we are going to settle here. We love Pacific pines and there seems more jobs here.

OH had an interview on SC but there were no jobs available.

I just dont like the m1 motorway on GC.

Hiya, I was just going to tell you whereabouts we were and the schools etc.. when I read on and you have decided to stay where you are lol

It does take time to look abt and find the right place for you, you could go to the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast and not find the right surburb and think it's not for you, I am sure there must be the right surburb in either place for everyone.

We've found ours here and love it

Hope you settle into your new home well

Good Luck x

Archived