Chermside

mr luvpants

Hi John;

I stayed near Chermside for 5 weeks with a friend who is a nurse last March/april. I think it was the Prince Charles that she works at, but not 100% sure as its not the only hospital in the area. She lives in Wavell Heights which I really liked. It has older properties with verandahs and is very much quieter than Chermside itself. Chermside is manic. It is actually thought of as a city in its own right now it has grown so much in the last few years. The main through road, Gympie Road is the main route through the suburbs. Depends how busy you want it to be, horses for courses. Personally I wouldn't want to be in chermside itself, but that's me. It's certainly central for getting around either North or south. and the buses are brilliant and cheap IMO. We got all day passes for bus, train and ferries for £2.40 into the city centre. Somewhere like Wavell Heights is within walking distance of Chermside, we walked home from the shopping Centre a couple of times. Can't help with schools as my friend doesn't have kids and I didn't really look at those, apart from being aware there were several around.

Other suburbs that might be worth a look are Bridgeman downs, or McDowall where my kids were at school for 7 years, round those sorts of areas. Plenty of parks.

Chermside is not near beaches. You're looking at a bit over an hour to Bribie Island and the South end of the Sunshine Coast I think, less to Redcliffe.

Hope this helps, do ask if there is anything else I might be able to help with.

Deb

Hi John;

According to Google maps it is about 26kms from Prince charles to Redcliffe, approx 40 mins, and about 44 kms and one hour from the Mater tro Redcliffe.

Deb

Archived